Tournament Thread - NIT

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Finally finished and that was rough. Harrell missing the front of a one and one was the start of the downfall. Up seven with a minute left with a chance to go up nine. Refs didn’t help as either a foul instead of jump ball or no foul on the 3 call we walk out winners.

21% from 3 and sub 60 from FT won’t get it done. Leading the Sun Belt in all shooting categories the whole season, bad time to have regression to the mean.

Fun basketball season. One year we’ll get the good version of luck when it matters most

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Don't think TJ is in over his head whatsoever. Really like the progression and path he's put this team on, especially w/ this roster's limitations. I'm excited to see this recruiting class, and I'm hoping he can snipe a big man from the portal.

Agreed. Last minute of the game:
Mason misses front of a one and one.
They hit a contested 3.
We ally oop.
They hit a wild 3 while getting fouled.
They miss FT and Asberry flies in for the rebound that takes him OB.
They make a good one on one bucket.
We break press easy but is in Cesar’s hands and goes 1/2 at the line.
We get defense Reb but then tie up.
A bogus foul on a 3.
TJ draws up an incredible 2.5 second play from the far end.

I don’t know what TJ has to do with any of those scenarios. Mix of not good FT, a wild made 3, two Asberry rebounds that are essentially turnovers and a phantom 3pt foul.

franslasttwinkie

This university is so deeply institutionalized in doing what it is supposed to do and nothing more and it is absolutely shocking that volleyball is the only program in D1 to make the 2nd round of any national tournament in any of the major varsity sports in decades and decades. Pretty sad considering we have MBB, WBB, softball, volleyball, baseball and football. 6 chances every year for wild success and hardly anything

slycat

This university is so deeply institutionalized in doing what it is supposed to do and nothing more and it is absolutely shocking that volleyball is the only program in D1 to make the 2nd round of any national tournament in any of the major varsity sports in decades and decades. Pretty sad considering we have MBB, WBB, softball, volleyball, baseball and football. 6 chances every year for wild success and hardly anything
I'd be curious how many non-P5 programs have gone past the first round in these sports. I would have hoped softball and baseball would have done better.

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
I'd be curious how many non-P5 programs have gone past the first round in these sports. I would have hoped softball and baseball would have done better.
No name schools like Butler and Gonzaga who do not have D1 football have gone pretty far. We should dump football and spend half of what we do to fund that program on Baseball and MBB and see how far we get.

jj1180

So close to having Virginia play on the home court. Assuming TXST would have hosted them since UNT is hosting them?

What’s the biggest name school to ever play in Strahan?