USM, ODU, Marshall and James Madison may play in SBC next year

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
JMU currently putting it on Montana in the FCS Quarters on ESPNU.
21-3 in the 3rd

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Ha! I did think it was odd to be playing on a Weds night....

Mpf43

How good do y’all think jmu could be in the sunbelt next year? I know withers said they were a much better team than txst his first year there but that is not saying much. I am guessing they will not be able to beat the top teams like ull and coastal but will be competitive with the rest. Upper half of the conference is my guess.

DrumCat

How good do y’all think jmu could be in the sunbelt next year? I know withers said they were a much better team than txst his first year there but that is not saying much. I am guessing they will not be able to beat the top teams like ull and coastal but will be competitive with the rest. Upper half of the conference is my guess.
Beats us to a bowl game, most likely.

Mpf43

I am sure. That have been a quality program for years. I expect them to continue being successful at the fbs level.

TxSt1992

According to this thread in the Sun Belt board we'll know something in the next week. This would probably mean a complete change to the conference schedules for all sports next year.

vp98

I am sure. That have been a quality program for years. I expect them to continue being successful at the fbs level.
JMU is definitely a good program except for when they were mad that EW left them for us. They should have celebrated that move.

Mpf43

JMU is definitely a good program except for when they were mad that EW left them for us. They should have celebrated that move.
Many fans on their blogs were celebrating. I recall wondering why they were not more butt hurt over the situation at the time.

LadyMango

Im curious about what the west will be like with USM and Troy. USM as it stands now is on our level of football disappointment. Troy might give us competition for #2 ( aka the smallest dumpster fire in a division of dumpster fires)

My sarcasm aside Im pretty excited about the adds. Astate, the ULs, USM, USA, and Troy will be a fun all sports league of peer institutions to compete in.

slycat

Now time to see what the updated TV deal will look like.
I think that info has leaked. I want to say ~2M annually per school. About equal to what the new AAC teams are getting over there. There is somewhere between 2-3M. Also more TV games on weekends on extended ESPN networks.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Now time to see how how that 2023 coaching market looks.

It’s a short list

Gary Patterson
Do hope coaching salary pools increase. I’ll believe 2M when I see it, but regardless what the increase is, hope coaching salary pool, recruiting budget, production budget get a bump on the bottom line margin for all sports.