WBB-2022 Sunbelt Conference Championship

franslasttwinkie

Still got some meat left on that schedule but would love to see us knock off a quad 2ish team for the 1st time in a long time. Coach Z about to earn her keep down the stretch.

franslasttwinkie

Impressive buckets from the line by the ladies at the end today. Currently sit at stand alone 2nd place for the time being but ODU up on GSU right now while JMU plays stAte tonight.

Then we still have 2 formidable opponents in UL and JMU left to close out the season.

franslasttwinkie

Hard to believe if we closed out the 2nd part of the 4th Q against JMU we would have been regular season champs tonight. Not sure how long it’s been since the ladies visited NIT, but probably forever

Last edited:

franslasttwinkie

While co-champs in record, JMU gets the nod for the H2H win over Coach Z for the #1 seed so is it really a co-championship? I could understand a true co-championship if the 2 tied in record but never played, the game was cancelled or what not.

slycat

While co-champs in record, JMU gets the nod for the H2H win over Coach Z for the #1 seed so is it really a co-championship? I could understand a true co-championship if the 2 tied in record but never played, the game was cancelled or what not.
Wasn't the football team co-champs with Nichols St in 2005 even though they beat us? They got the auto playoff spot and we got at large.

franslasttwinkie

I think that’s how it was presented. But with a WBB program that has been plagued with .500 and sub-.500 records for what feels like eternity we needed that NIT bid pretty badly.

Bobcat1

Coach Z wins SBC coach of the year. Congrats to her.
Wasn’t someone implying how she’s a below average coach with a sub 0.500 career record earlier in the season? You never can tell about a coach based on simple W/L record. Kinda like when people were calling to fire Trout before the start of a 40 win season last year. 😏😂

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
She's definitely a below average coach - hence her record here. 2 good seasons in 12 years, including this one. 4 losing seasons, 2 @ .500 and 4 seasons 1-3 W above .500. 185-176 isn't good, or even average, no matter how you try and spin it.

Would think this has something to do w/ the success this season. In order of minutes played:
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Redshirt Senior
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Junior
Graduate Student
Junior

4 of them are transfers, 2 of them new this year.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I was going to say next your could be a long one for the women’s team. Hopefully she’s hitting the portal hard. Think they only announced two HSers during the early period. Regardless, hopefully can rattle off three in a row this weekend.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
This is the kind of stuff the school does that annoys. I still don't understand how it's not JMU's title outright.