wk8: vs Southern Miss

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Ha! Which parts can I clarify? I want more people to know what's up w/ VB!

geezer

They looked better fundamentally last night--not too many mental errors.
Teske was really good. Bring it on again today!

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Staying sharp today. Janell w/ 8K already and just put one down from 10’

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
How this down ref is still accredited is a mystery. Dude is taking FOREVER on these challenge replays.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Nice fight here - Cats have fought back to 17-19 from 10-15
TO USM

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Torres in for DeWalt who is a touch off. Torres immediately makes an error setting. 17 right back in.

25-18 USM, 1-1

Need to shake this ugly set off and get back at it.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
How this down ref is still accredited is a mystery. Dude is taking FOREVER on these challenge replays.
Thought this guy has got it wrong all 3x so far today, including the one he called for us.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Mick: oops - looked like a foot fault there, but the down official wasn't paying attention.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Not only led the team in points (15.5), kills (14) and hitting % (.545), but came back from service errors in 2 of her 1st 4 serves to serving 9x in the 3rd set, leading to 6 points, including an ace, and served 5 straight to take us from 20-20 to 24-20. 12 digs and a block to boot. Really fun watching her play.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
25-16 TXST, 2-1

Fitz w/ a season high 22K
Teske just hit #10 w/ 2 back to back blasts, one dug, the next straight to the floor
Emily 9K all on dumps

geezer

Big games for Fitzgerald and Teske. Nice win!

LTK5H, doesn't this lineup look like Karen's last team? Gonna be different next year.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
eh...I've not really looked at it that way since HCSH was here so long before getting the promotion, and iirc, he did the heavy lifting on the recruiting trail as an assistant. Next year will be different for sure - be interesting to see who comes back. I think only DeWalt, Fitzgerald and Slaughter have exhausted eligibility.

geezer

Third year and the same core still carrying him. Teske has to be a senior.
He did play the two tall freshman for a rotation. Who's gonna be the setter, Ryan? She came in for one play, made an error and
#17 was back in. Better win this year!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Admittedly I don't know a lot about volleyball, but I was getting really annoyed with all the JMU challenges in the second set. Is there a timeout charged or something if you don't win the review?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
A coach can challenge as many times up until two go against them. Because USM won the first two challenges, they were able to make a third, which they lost. So she still had one more.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Third year and the same core still carrying him. Teske has to be a senior.
He did play the two tall freshman for a rotation. Who's gonna be the setter, Ryan? She came in for one play, made an error and
#17 was back in. Better win this year!
Teske is a SR but I think she has her Covid year to play. I could be wrong, but everyone on the roster in 2020 should have 6 years to play 5 seasons.

Torres seems to be it right now unless there’s another 5x Conference Setter of the Year coming in. Maybe that tweet was about a setter commit?

I’m giving HCSH the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise. His specialty is setters, so I trust he’s going to do everything he can to address the position.