wk9: @ South Alabama

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
TXST (15-5/7-1) @ USA (13-7/7-1)

6:00 start Friday, ESPN+ broadcast here: link, Livestats here: link
1:00 start Saturday, ESPN+ broadcast here: link, Livestats here: link

Biggest weekend of the regular season with the two best teams in the conference looking to get a leg up both in confidence and seeding heading into the SBC Tournament. Have to say, after looking at their schedule, I'm feeling a little more confident going into this weekend. 6 OOC losses, including some headscratchers - Tulsa (9-10), Ball State (14-6), Kennesaw St (14-4) and Mississippi St (11-7) are all programs I would think USA should beat. Heck, even SFA (18-3) should be a W for a conference winner. They don't really have any good OOC wins either - their best win is over 12-10 Eastern Kentucky and no one else is over .500. Their SBC loss is to USM, who we swept last weekend.

We hold an 11-4 advantage over the Jaguars, but they've won the last 2, including in the SBC Tourney Finals last year. Their roster doesn't seem to have changed at all, but the order of scorers is all kinds of scrambled vs last season. Their Top 10 scorers were all on the team last year, so no new faces, but it does appear as if their scoring is much more focused at the top - only 4 players over 100pts scored (we have 6), and #4 has 175 while #5 only has 79. This looks like another situation that HCSH should have a plan for, as #4 has scored ~25% of their points so far, and those Top 4 account for 75% of USA's scoring. None of this is a surprise to the Bobcats, as their Top 3 scorers were the ones who did all the damage against us last year. Bonus - their Top Scorer, #4, is a Junior from Boerne, so our girls know her well.

In order of scoring: 6'2", 6'3", 6'0", 6'5", 5'11", 6'2", 5'8" (S)

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Looking pretty sharp so far, but no Caitlan on the floor.

10-5 Cats

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
USA came out strong in S2, but our ladies are on it tonight. 9-7 Cats, challenge by USA

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Haven't seen Janell this sharp in forever - and that's coming off of her 25K last weekend. She's smacking absolute lasers tonight.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
25-19 Cats, 2-0

Really love the attitude the team is playing with tonight. Light, carefree, easy peasy. I suppose that's easier to do when you're winning, but USA is a good squad and our ladies are acting like it's a spring scrimmage.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
You know how I'm always crying about not having a legit tall chick on the squad? Niki Capizzi is who I'm talking about. She's really athletic and gets great swings out of system, when her team needs them. Big fan of 24 in blue.

USA up 16-11 S3

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
WHOA! Jada Gardner is on the floor! Honestly thought she was off the team.

BIG BLOCK by #4 right off the bat! Welcome back Jada!

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
22-18 Jags, TO Cats

Matter of time before USA started playing like they should. 4 and 6 are damn good.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Going to 4. 25-23 Jags, 2-1 Cats

Love the fight from our side, but that's a good squad opposite us.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Their 6'5" MB has 3K in their first 6pts of S3.

7-3 USA, TO TXST

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Sheesh. This couldn't have flipped more their way. 15-7 USA, media TO

Emily's been out for a bit - hope nothing's wrong.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
23-22 TXST, TO USA

Loving this battle from our side! Still no sign of 17 but she's supporting in the huddle