wk9: @ South Alabama

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Lot going on here tonight...

HUGE win on the road against the reigning conf champs, who straight punked us last year. Played loose and easy to get up 2-0 and battled like banshees to win 31-29!?!?!? FUCK YES!

Emily got subbed out down 5-11 and didn't return. She didn't look injured and HCSH didn't bring her back in, so I'm thinking he just thought we needed something a little different.

How about Fitz w/ her 2nd career high in K in her last 2 matches?!?! That's the reigning Offensive POY and 3X 1st Team All SBC hitter, hitting more than she ever has. FWIW, I thought her Fri match vs USM was a real meh showing and they needed to find different ways to get her the ball, but both the last 2 matches have been same formula, just better result. What a warrior!

How freaking good has Teske been? 17K tonight, 16 digs and 3 blocks - 1 of those B was in the final couple plays, 1 handed and CLUTCH AF!

Jacqueline Lee has been FANTASTIC. She's not only playing incredible defense, but she's our best server w/ that wicked topspin.

Hello Gardner, my old friend....it's so great to see you again! Immediate impact w/ the block on her 1st play in 3 weeks. Her hitting % was horrid, but I thought she looked pretty damn good for someone who hasn't seen the court in a minute.

No Buettner is starting to worry me. Hopefully its nothing major and she's back in time to be in form for the postseason.

Big ups to Jillian for stepping in to set several balls tonight. No hesitation overhead sets from the MB, and they were all solid balls.

Ryan Torres came in down 6 in the 4th and closed us out. If she's going to get better she's got to play real reps in big matches and she put up 15A and 5D when it mattered.

HUGE props to the team at large. Just a really good showing all around tonight.

Last edited:

geezer

My internet failed again, so thanks for the updates, LTK5H.
Great win! Glad so many girls got in and contributed.
Hope nothing wrong with Emily and Caitlin gets better.
Now, do it again tomorrow!

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Tight set to start out. USA on a 3pt run. 22-21 TXST, TO TXST

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
K by 16
B by 5
TO USA, 24-21 TXST
Tello in to serve
B by 5

25-21 TXST S1

franslasttwinkie

This last USA match seems to be looming large with Troy on the move. Just allowing the jaws of victory to be snatched after USA having to play from behind in not 1 set but 2 sets. The worst thing that should happen when you want to go to the NCAAs is allow a 2-1 set lead go to 5 sets. You just can’t lose that 5th set, that’s gut wrenching.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Looming large? wat? The NCAA bid comes down to the tournament, so we're playing for seeding and headspace. Currently sitting in the 2 slot, which is where we need to be, and have Troy at home with a full roster, which we didn't have in Mobile. I'm very comfortable w/ where this team is right now in terms of path to the NCAAs.