Kinne Staff

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's more about the fact that he took us from 4-8, 4-8, 2-10, 3-9, 3-9, 2-10, 2-10, and 3-9 over the previous 8 seasons to 8-4 in just one year.

It's not that P5s poach G5 coaches that go 8-5, but they might be interested in a coach that can take an 8 year in a row loser to 8 wins and a bowl victory in his first year.

Overall, I still agree with @LTK5H. I think for one of the big schools to poach him, they're going to want to see more than 1 year of success. Can Kinne keep it going and even improve from year to year with the same team?

franslasttwinkie

It's not that P5s poach G5 coaches that go 8-5, but they might be interested in a coach that can take an 8 year in a row loser to 8 wins and a bowl victory in his first year.
I’m not sure poachers really even take into consideration the situation a coach inherits (for good or bad). Satterfield won 9+ games 4 years in a row before handing the keys to Drinkwitz (including 11 wins the prior year before Drink posted just 1 extra win) and got immediately picked up. Really just kept the program going at the same pace he inherited it.

AstroCat05

M&G Gift Contributor
Agree but i want the whole conference to succeed and txst to rise up with it. I do not want to win because the schedule got easier.
I agree with this sentiment and I want the SBC to be the premier G5 conference but it's a meat grinder. Look at Liberty and that weak-ass schedule, they got an NY6 bowl because of it. Just win all the games and it should take care of itself. I see this is an opp to take control of the West.

slycat

This is the year.

Coach and most key players return, top two teams in SBC got new coaches. JMU got a new coach. Louisiana, App, and Coastal lost their QBs. Seven home games. UTSA lost Harris. Arizona St is a below average P5. The only road game for OOC is a natural site against SHSU. The two cross over games from the SBC East are ODU and GSU.