Kinne Staff

Colt Golden

Yes, that would be a huge get. Experience with long time ties with Texas High School coaches.

Can't remember all his high school stops. Bay City and Stephenville were a couple. Heard him talk ball on several occasions and a roommate of mine (QB coach where we were at) interviewed with him. He was really impressed by the dude. He didn't work for him because he needed to get back to San Antonio to start his family life.

atxman

If I understand the rules correctly, Chandler Morris can transfer as often as he wants. So if it’s too late to enroll at TXST this semester, he could come in the summer like Finley did. Or am I wrong? (Of course, he might be perfectly happy at UNT and decide to stay there.)

Bobcat AirRaid

Report: Former Arkansas, SMU head coach Chad Morris to be hired at Texas State

now a DC and a QB (Chandler Morris) and we are set with the mad hatter as QB2.
I'm convinced they'll add a portal QB, now if they can coax one, else after spring.

Seems to be their M.O. Don't think they're willing to be "one play away" from a young inexperienced QB running the offense.

cyan

BobcatRaider

BobcatRaider

Midway is where I went to high school. That's interesting to see they are hiring someone of that caliber.
They’ve been really bad the past few years but they had a couple ridiculous teams before that, including going 15-1 with Tanner Mordecai back in 2017. I wonder if there was some redistricting in the area since then.

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
They’ve been really bad the past few years but they had a couple ridiculous teams before that, including going 15-1 with Tanner Mordecai back in 2017. I wonder if there was some redistricting in the area since then.
I don't think there has been any huge change as far as redistricting goes in the last couple of years. I actually don't remember when they were reclassified as 6A, but it had to have been around a decade ago.
Midway was fairly decent last year and went to the playoffs. Midway also has some impressive facilities. Their indoor practice facility rivals some of the best in college football.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Midway was solid last year, they won district despite their HC being suspended late in the season. Our district was pretty weak though to be fair.

But yeah their facilities are phenomenal. Their football stuff is great like Goldie said but even have a pretty interesting 360 degree arena.

They were bad the last few years but they were in the district of doom with Cedar Hill, Waxahachie, Desoto, and Duncanville for the 2020 and 2021 football seasons. In 2022 they returned South to their more traditional district with Temple, Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, and Bryan. They still weren't good in 2022, but obviously managed to turn it around this past season.

Bobcat AirRaid

Or Rogers. It was a jab at the Finley haters.
If a QB throwing for 300 yards, against a higher level opponent, after only a few weeks in the system doesn't demonstrate that this offense is relatively easy for a QB to learn, I'm not sure what will.

This fall's starter will likely have as short of a runway.

That was the nature of the plug n play comment.

Mpf43

I can’t understand why a dc has not been named yet. It took all of a couple days to name stutzman’s replacement. I was hoping a dc would be named and a couple of his former team best defensive players follow him.