Kinne Staff

LSU Bobcat

Texas State is expected to hire former UTEP defensive coordinator Bradley Dale Peveto as co-defensive coordinator
That's a name i haven't heard in a while. 🤣 What a god awful coach.

Mpf43

I do not know much about him but it looks like he turned around a bad utep defense in his first two years there. In addition he coached with nealy on that staff so he must have his nod of approval. Extensive background. Seems like a good mature addition to the staff to help our young and upcoming DC with some guidance as he matures into the new role.

Bobkat34

This is what a young coach does as they don't have the long tenure as a HC and don't have the connections like other coaches do. Kinne brought in guys he already hired at UIW. Now he has had to go with some help maybe (Trayler, UCF coach, etc...) to find a few positions and he won at WR with someone he knew, hired a co-DC in someone he really knows in McCoil and now went a got a veteran Co-DC to help McCoil. My guess is Peveto will manage run defense and ground game while McCoil can work on pass defense and bring McCoil along slowly.

What did Jake do? Went and hired many TT coaches that his brother likely vouched for, a veteran HC/OC that he fired after year 1, and then took over OC duties. They know a lot of guys as OCs but they are all P5 guys.

LSU Bobcat

What’s the rep from his LSU days?
Not good. Was an ok special teams coach and horrendous as co DC. Was paired with Mallory and those two put together one of the worst defenses I've ever seen. Maybe he doesn't deserve all the blame but his career has gone backwards. Great day when he was fired and him and Mallory are still a running joke with LSU fans. At least we're a step up from UTEP. On the plus side he was a decent recruiter.

Last edited: