Spring Ball 2024…

Bobcat1

Slightly above 30k is the real estimation. West side had a good amount of people as well. Premium areas were lighter than expected
40k, 30k, 🍅, tomatoe….difference is they didn’t shortchange their fans & they had 29K more than we did. They understand the importance of a Spring game to recruiting, development, fan engagement and marketing. We are still light years from being a serious program playing scared even against ourselves.

Bobcat1

Wasted your time? Maybe you are not a true Bobcat, maybe you liked the last 2 coaches better.
?

Question does Marcus Alexander keep his NIL deal?
I actually like Kinne the most since Fran, and I like most of his staff save for one person. Pointing out serious deficiencies is not “hate”, much like when I pointed out Hatcher shouldn’t have been a starter and everyone whined that they “trusted Spav”…and we saw how well that turned out.

This team is not physical enough, and long term UT is going to demolish us….shorter term, this team gets outmuscled by UTSA come September and we go 0-7 against them unless something changes.

Simbo0722

40k, 30k, 🍅, tomatoe….difference is they didn’t shortchange their fans & they had 29K more than we did. They understand the importance of a Spring game to recruiting, development, fan engagement and marketing. We are still light years from being a serious program playing scared even against ourselves.
Fly away, go get Austin u. Season tickets we will be fine in San Marcos growing without your disdain...

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I actually like Kinne the most since Fran, and I like most of his staff save for one person. Pointing out serious deficiencies is not “hate”, much like when I pointed out Hatcher shouldn’t have been a starter and everyone whined that they “trusted Spav”…and we saw how well that turned out.

This team is not physical enough, and long term UT is going to demolish us….shorter term, this team gets outmuscled by UTSA come September and we go 0-7 against them unless something changes.
No you dont and no shit UT is going to "demolish" us long term. That doesn't mean we can't beat them on a given day.. Were you born yesterday and don't know how money works?

DrewF2001

That’s some made up 🐂 💩…nowhere was it advertised as only a scrimmage. Otherwise I wouldn’t have wasted my time.
Kinne and Deprato mentioned it in press conference that was posted on this site in another thread. Pretty sure I saw on socials also that it would not be a traditional game.

Bobcat1

Fly away, go get Austin u. Season tickets we will be fine in San Marcos growing without your disdain...
🤣🤣🤣 Cry harder. I’ve been here long before you showed up, and will prob be here long after. I’ve seen eight coaches come and go in our tenure, I know Bobcat football better than most on here. Everyone was in love with Withers and Spavital and heaped tons of abuse on me…only to watch them switch and start heaping that abuse on them in the long run. When it comes to fickleness in their support of Bobcat athletics, most everyone has me beat by a long shot on here.

Bobcat1

Kinne and Deprato mentioned it in press conference that was posted on this site in another thread. Pretty sure I saw on socials also that it would not be a traditional game.
Fair. But I didn’t expect a glorified practice they called a scrimmage. It really was pathetic to have “business as usual” when fans drove hundreds of miles to see a game.

Simbo0722

No you dont and no shit UT is going to "demolish" us long term. That doesn't mean we can't beat them on a given day.. Were you born yesterday and don't know how money works?
Agreed ut has much more $ than we do. We are in year 2 of a process. Utsa is in year 7 and a little ahead of us but we are progressing quickly. All we can do is hope Kinne and staff stick around to see the results. And the Pres. And AD are huge allies of the ATHLETIC programs at TXST.

Jecbobcat

I know. Just thought I'd add some specifics from a reliable source so it didn't turn into a debate.

Simbo0722

🤣🤣🤣 Cry harder. I’ve been here long before you showed up, and will prob be here long after. I’ve seen eight coaches come and go in our tenure, I know Bobcat football better than most on here. Everyone was in love with Withers and Spavital and heaped tons of abuse on me…only to watch them switch and start heaping that abuse on them in the long run. When it comes to fickleness in their support of Bobcat athletics, most everyone has me beat by a long shot on here.
Maybe so, I have been around since Bill Miller and games were played at Evans field, 1977. Withers and spav were doomed when neither could recruit at all, in spavs case not one single high schooler. It is taking time to mend the fences they destroyed. Go Cats................. oh yea i drove hours to watch the game and enjoyed it, maybe the idea was to be generic and not show the playbook?

Bobcat1

Go Cats................. oh yea i drove hours to watch the game and enjoyed it, maybe the idea was to be generic and not show the playbook?
The idea was likely to not show the fact that we have zero depth at most positions, hence can’t afford injuries, hence can’t afford to play an actual game. This team is being built to win 10 games in a season as fast as possible and then bolt, while at the same time hedging that bet in case we end up in a prolonged 6-8 win “rut”. Thats why we have a lot of flashy cards at the top of the depth 📊 , but nothing below that. Other than RB, we are thin everywhere else at the moment.

I will die on the hill that Spav actually recruited well, and his last season’s team should have won 7-10 games with Rogers or Evans at QB. We actually had legit FBS level two deep that last season. Right now, we don’t. We are 100% relying on McCloud and Mahdi to outscore all our future opponents.

carmanjello325

I will die on the hill that Spav actually recruited well, and his last season’s team should have won 7-10 games with Rogers or Evans at QB.
im so lost. i thought you abandoned that rogers evans campaign in 2022 after qb2 finley showed up and beat out hornsby in open competition.

Bobcat1

im so lost. i thought you abandoned that rogers evans campaign in 2022 after qb2 finley showed up and beat out hornsby in open competition.
That was a different hill. 🤭 My flag is still firmly planted in the Evans/Rogers were light years better than Hatcher and Spavital fumbled the bag one across the way over there.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
That could be a fun project. (Predicted vs. Actual & Avg distance from actual per year)

I know @profcat is just 3 off at 12-24, because he was right on the money in '21 & '22.

These were the 2020 and 2019 results before @LTK5H turned it into a yearly contest:

2020 Record: 2-10, 3rd place in West (2-6)
Artycat 1-11
Carmanjello325 3-9
Bobcat34 3-9
LTK5H 4-8
Slycat 5-7
BobcatRaider 5-7
Bobcat87 5-7
Drumcat 5-7
BermudaBobcat 6-6
2centsworth 6-6
Bobcat1 7-5

I thought we would beat those birds this year but picked wrong and the win against Arkansas St. was an unexpected surprise.
Our predictions for the 2019 football season vs the final outcome
2019: 3-9

Artycat: 2-10
Bobcatfanatic: 5-7
2centsworth: 5-7
Carmanjello325: 5-7
TXSTlightbeer: 5-7
Bobkat34: 5-7
_X_: 5-7
Goldievirtuso: 6-6
lancer: 6-6
Chockyy: 7-5
TheRevSwt: 7-5
Marcato: 7-5
BermudaBobcat: 7-5
CajunCat: 7-5
JustinS09: 8-4
T_X_S_T: 8-4

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
That could be a fun project.

I know Profcat is just 3 off at 12-24, because he was right on the money in '21 & '22.
Math wizards, please correct me if I'm wrong, but we would use standard deviation to help us gauge accuracy, correct? For the sake of example, if someone guessed 1, 2, 12 for a total of 15 wins in 3 years, they would not be considered more accurate than ProfCat even though they guessed the correct total number of wins.

The standard deviation of the actual win totals is 1.73 over 3 years, so the closer the standard deviation of our guesses is to 1.73, the more accurate our predictions would be considered, correct?

This is my SWT education talking, so please correct me if I'm wrong.