Spring Ball 2024…

Bobcat1

That's actually pretty cool. We need our own network to broadcast things like this too.
We have our own channel on Spectrum. We just never use it beyond just KTSW feed and general university announcements. Baffles me that in 20+ years no one has thought to expand that partnership.

Bobcat1

That’s awesome. I hope you posted how good they are on their message boards. That would really pump the Longhorn faithful up to know you’re all in on their program.
I’m all in on Arch Manning. I’ve been a fan of their family since Peyton’s stellar prep career. If you’ve never watched the SEC Storied on Archie Manning (“The book of Manning)”, you’re missing out on what an incredible human being he is.

Bobcat1

Our spring game for the 2025 season is getting us ready for a non conference payment game against Texas in 2026… DUH 😂😂😂🤫😉
It’s 2024. And that kind of attitude is what separates top tier programs and also rans. Every other university of note has ACTUAL spring games with ACTUAL scores, hits, winners and losers. That gets people’s competitive juices flowing.

Our Spring game was nothing more than two hand touch, vanilla practice. Heck, even Fran’s teams were more physical than we were last week.

Bobcat1

That's probably going to happen regardless of what we do.
I beg to differ…UTSA played them tough for three quarters last year. No reason why we shouldn’t be able to also with three years to recruit & prepare.

When we played A&M under Spav, you could tell our team was intimidated from the get go when the Aggies were coming down the tunnel. By contrast, when we played A&M under Bailiff, you could tell we believed in ourselves and would have pulled it off (save for several questionable flags and no calls) because we believed we belonged.

This team is more Spav and less Bailiff at the moment, and glorified practices as spring games will keep that status quo because it doesn’t bring physicality to the equation. We need a tougher team or people will just use the Arkansas State game as the blueprint to outmuscle us and outplay us.

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
It’s 2024. And that kind of attitude is what separates top tier programs and also rans. Every other university of note has ACTUAL spring games with ACTUAL scores, hits, winners and losers. That gets people’s competitive juices flowing.

Our Spring game was nothing more than two hand touch, vanilla practice. Heck, even Fran’s teams were more physical than we were last week.
I corrected it for you. We have a lot to worry about than UT over the next few years.

Bobcat1

Completely disagree with this sentiment. At least in regards to believing we belong.
They feel they belong in the G5 ranks, but I don’t see them believing they belong in the P5 conversations. Let alone top tier, CFP shoe-in programs. McCloud does to an extend, but that “spring scrimmage” screamed “insecurity” and “scared money” by not playing an actual game format.

Top teams go at each other, and they keep score. Not Pat each other on the back for 1-2 big plays in two hand touch type of format.

DrewF2001

They feel they belong in the G5 ranks, but I don’t see them believing they belong in the P5 conversations. Let alone top tier, CFP shoe-in programs. McCloud does to an extend, but that “spring scrimmage” screamed “insecurity” and “scared money” by not playing an actual game format.

Top teams go at each other, and they keep score. Not Pat each other on the back for 1-2 big plays in two hand touch type of format.
It was known well before our spring game that the format was going to be changed due to flu and injuries. Complaints about a spring game are absurd and you should really find something more meaningful to complain about.