2021 Recruiting: Offers, Commits, De-Commits, etc.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
If he's an upgrade from Scott its a good pickup. Also, TJ has made it known he likes stretch 4s. Small had more of a green light from 3 this year than the year before. So not surprising to see us quickly go after one to replace Scott (who wasn't a stretch 4 at all).

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
If he's an upgrade from Scott its a good pickup. Also, TJ has made it known he likes stretch 4s. Small had more of a green light from 3 this year than the year before. So not surprising to see us quickly go after one to replace Scott (who wasn't a stretch 4 at all).
He also should have 4 years left right? only played one season during this covid year. Got minutes in what 7 games as a true freshman in the MWC not bad.

Poseidon

He also should have 4 years left right? only played one season during this covid year. Got minutes in what 7 games as a true freshman in the MWC not bad.
Yeah, he started seven games and appeared in eleven others. I like his height. Something I wish we could improve in at the 5.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
I can't remember any other player we have recruited that was a 3 star prospect. anyone more qualified than me want to weigh in on him?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Freshman YR @ UNM:
FRESHMAN (2018-19): Saw action in 27 games in his inaugural season including eight starts… Finished third on the team in assists (62) while averaging 13.9 minutes per game… First collegiate basket came on Nov. 17 vs NMSU… Scored a career-high 13-points at NMSU on Dec. 4 where he went 3-for-4 from 3-point range in Las Cruces… Racked up a career-best 12 assists on Dec. 30 against the University of the Southwest… Registered a career-high 27 minutes against Saint Mary’s on Dec. 7 in the STAPLES Center… Averaged 2.9 points, 1.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game to go with a 2.2 assist/turnover ratio and 40.0 shot percentage from the field… Earned 2018-19 UNM Scholar-Athlete Honors.
Sophomore YR @ Navarro:
Started 18/19 games
15.9 PTS/G
4.8 A/G
3.6 REB/G
44.2 FG %
40.6 3PT %
64.2 FT %

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Seems solid. True PG. Wonder where he was during the 19-20 season as he’s not on Navarro’s nor New Mexico’s roster? Assume this means Davis isn’t sticking around for a sixth season. Should backup Harrell and probably play a bit together if he’s deserving more minutes than just backup PG.

Arolexion

His 3 point shot makes me cringe a bit, especially if he is at the 3. But that’s fine, it seems like he’s a real physical player + board getter

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Definitely looks like he'll slot in at the 3, a position we're pretty thin at. Seems similar to Adams. Not a great shooter but well rounded otherwise. Also sometimes you can develop that shot. Nijal really wasn't considered a great shooter coming out of HS but developed into one. Then again we aren't getting this guy out of HS so the odds of that happening are lower.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
One thing this article doesn't mention that is noteworthy about Baylor, is Drew loves to redshirt, and his transfers all had to sit a year, so this year's squad is much older/more mature than many. He's not recruiting any 1-and-dones. Of their 8 rotation players, 4 are transfers that had to sit a year in Waco and another RS as a freshman for Baylor. Highest rated recruit on their team? Dain Dainja - redshirted this season. Drew has been the king of transfers and juco players for quite a while - seems like he's rarely going head-2-head w/ the powers for players. He's also done amazing w/ the international players. About 1/3-1/2 the guys he brings in from HS are redshirting.