2022 Off Season Thread

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I think being part of a legit bigtime program has a lot of appeal, and I completely get it. It bums me out, but I understand why someone would want that overall experience, even with a diminished on-court role.
Maybe he's self-aware that after college his playing days are most likely over, so why not experience the Big XII? Risk is you get little playing time and are more a towel waiver instead of getting key minutes, which is a horrible way to finish out your last two years. It's like the nightmarish version of the movie Rudy.

Last edited:

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Coolest part of this story is winning a title in Bundesliga2, which earns promotion to the 1st Division. He finally got his championship, and it was a meaningful one. Unfortunately, Rostock is on the northern coast of Germany, in former East Germany, roughly as far north as Edmonton, AL. That's gotta be a rough winter!

Really good read, on many fronts.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Flipping around the radio while out running errands and hit the UT @ OKST game. Asberry was the first name mentioned, so thought I'd look him up. First thing when I turn the game on tv at home is "Asberry's hit some big shots today"....hit 2 3s.

Today vs Texas:

On the season he's definitely contributing. No starts but played in 13/15, including today.

Prior to today's game:
6th in scoring
6th in rebounds
4th in assists
3rd in 3%
1st in FT%

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Asberry ended up really solid on a very mid team (as far as P5 types go...). Hope he got what he wanted out of the experience, but I know we would have been much better with him here.

5th in scoring at 9.7 pg
5th in rebounding at 3.5 pg
4th in assists at 1.7 pg
4th in minutes at 27 pg
2nd in 3pt% at 34.8%
Played in 32/34 and started the final 12, including last night in the NIT vs Youngstown St

They play Sunday vs Eastern Washington

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Caleb looking good on ESPN vs UNT right now. Texas State just got the former school shoutout right before he scored.