2022 Recruiting: Offers, Commits, De-Commits, etc.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Overview
  • A left-hander with an exceptional wingspan who runs the court and shot-blocks at a high level.
  • Provided valuable minutes for the Florida frontcourt, particularly when shorthanded while battling injuries.
  • Name is pronounced TOON-sike GAT-kek.

2021-22, Sophomore Season
  • Averaged 1.7 points and 1.8 rebounds in 21 appearances.
  • Scored a season-high eight points in the comeback win vs. Oklahoma State, adding three blocked shots.
  • Blocked five shots in the win at Missouri and grabbed a season-best six rebounds vs. North Florida.
  • Played significant minutes throughout UF’s six-game stretch without Colin Castleton, including 22 minutes vs. Oklahoma State and 19 minutes at Missouri as the Gators were also without Jason Jitoboh.

Prior to Florida
  • Helped Trinity Valley Community College in Texas to a 23-3 record while earning All-Region Honors in 2020-21.
  • He had 19 points in the Cardinals’ second-round NJCAA Tournament game and tallied a season-high 23 points in a win vs. Tyler Junior College.
  • Played his high school basketball at Caprock High School in Amarillo, Texas.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
If we can keep him until NSD...

Bunch of vids here on his MaxPreps page. I know they're highlights, but seems like he's got good handles, is aggressive on penetration, has a nice shot and is fairly slick w/ some of those assists.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
That’s big time. Do need to start/move it to a ‘23 thread. Awesome keeping a big talent home. Can’t hurt with Presley but that’s probably unrealistic. Let’s hope for another good season and can keep Gumbs on board.

Looks like ‘23 recruiting is on page 3 rather than creating a new one

Last edited:

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I missed Gatkek’s add. Think he’d be an upgrade over Lacewell, we’ll see on Small. Seems similar except probably won’t shoot many 3s even though Small should have gotten his freedom reigned in some when it was obvious he wasn’t going to replicate his ‘21 shooting numbers.

Between Gatkek, and hopefully an improved Bush, should have some length to go with Ceaser and Martin more physical styles. Then Morgan if we go small/stretch the floor.

Believe we should still have one spot open.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Guessing "Bush" is Love?

We still haven't heard anything on Jenkins have we? So at this point I'm just gonna assume he's returning and we're full:
Sr:
Harrell/Jenkins/Ceasar
Jr:
Davis/Drinnon/Morgan
So:
Coleman/Dawson/Martin/Love/Gatkek
Fr:
Mason/Sykes
Non-scholly:
Whitlock

I may have some guys in the wrong class, the Covid year is getting more and more confusing as time passes, but that's 13.
We do have a walk-on opening however with Guidry transferring.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Very different players, but Bush was about the only thing worth watching my very first season following TXST when we went like 3-24. We've come a long way since then...

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Very different players, but Bush was about the only thing worth watching my very first season following TXST when we went like 3-24. We've come a long way since then...
I think it’s just cuz their both named Brandon. Some reason can’t get it out of my head even if I’m just thinking of last names. Bush’s last couple years was when I got to TXST

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Overview
  • Has made 23 appearances and averaged 1.3 points per game.
  • A strong, smooth-shooting left-hander who is an aggressive defender, as well.
  • Brings winning experience and joins a line of Gators from “The 757,” including Keyontae Johnson, Dorian Finney-Smith and Vernon Macklin.
2021-22, Freshman Season
  • Averaged 1.3 points per game and made six 3-pointers in 23 appearances.
  • Made his debut in the season-opening win vs. Elon and hit a big 3-pointer in the win vs. #20 Florida State for his first career points.
  • Had his first game with multiple 3-pointers, knocking down a pair of treys vs. Troy.
Prep
  • Helped Green Run High School to a shared state championship in 2020 and a state runner-up finish in 2021.
  • VHSCA Class 5 State Player of the Year in 2021.
  • Two-time first-team All-State honoree.
  • Notched a 37-point outing with nine 3-pointers in a single game during the 2021 regionals, then went for 27 in the state semifinals and 21 in the state championship game.
  • Played under head coach Kenneth Harris and assistant coach Rod Cooper at Green Runn

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Know Mike White was at La Tech for a while and TJ has Louisiana ties. Wonder if there’s any connection between them/staffs. Probably just knew of Gatkek from Texas and learned more about Kennedy in that process

Last edited: