2024 Outlook…

franslasttwinkie

It looks like Oregon St plays 8 non power games and Wazzu plays 9. If Oregon St goes 9-3 (undefeated against their non power opponents) I’m curious if they get into the playoff over a highest ranked 12-1 G5 conference champion.

Going from 6 + 6 to 5+ 7 format is a pretty big dagger for G5 given how manageable both Wazzu and Oregon St’s schedules are with the exception of UW and Oregon.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
It looks like Oregon St plays 8 non power games and Wazzu plays 9. If Oregon St goes 9-3 (undefeated against their non power opponents) I’m curious if they get into the playoff over a highest ranked 12-1 G5 conference champion.

Going from 6 + 6 to 5+ 7 format is a pretty big dagger for G5 given how manageable both Wazzu and Oregon St’s schedules are with the exception of UW and Oregon.
They are independent. 5 highest conference champs. Osu and Wazzou will be treated like independents and only available for at larges in CFP

franslasttwinkie

Thanks @Bobcats2011 hadn’t heard anyone say much about the recent amendment. I just knew they allowed the PAC to remain a conference so I thought they were going to be allowed to compete for the 5 best conference champion auto bids.

Wazzu and OSU are gonna have a helluva uphill battle being one of the 7 highest ranked at large non conference champs playing that many G5s. Sucks for them.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Thanks @Bobcats2011 hadn’t heard anyone say much about the recent amendment. I just knew they allowed the PAC to remain a conference so I thought they were going to be allowed to compete for the 5 best conference champion auto bids.

Wazzu and OSU are gonna have a helluva uphill battle being one of the 7 highest ranked at large non conference champs playing that many G5s. Sucks for them.
Yeah I agree. I’m like 95% sure on what I said previously. Want to say some language was added that to be eligible for auto qualifiers conference has to have a minimum 8 teams. They will literally only have 1 conference game