Bobcat NIL

Mittens

Haven't listened yet, but curious to see how Victory Star NIL is presented.
It was a pretty good podcast. Thought it was a bit light on the specifics/inner workings of the NIL itself, but I understand there was limited time and Keff was only touching on the basics.

But considering Janell is apparently in charge of marketing for Victory Star and she talked about how she’s the de facto “agent” for all Texas State athletes, it drove me crazy that she kept referring to NILs as “Name, Image, and Likeliness” a couple times.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
I mean, I'm sure we have alumni who can afford it and hopefully they already have enough interest for it to make sense.

Also hoping our nil plans aren't to rely on soliciting diamond+ level donors only.

geezer

Better get a lot of those diamond level donors if you're gonna compete with the semi-pros.

Met with a good buddy this week who is a former All American at LSU. He reported that EVERYONE
on the team is receiving $30,000 each. Said that a friend whose son is at Notre Dame said that they were getting $50,000.

Also, predicted that the SEC would leave the NCAA when OU and Texas joins the conference.

I'm hoping they do and the rest of the football world can return to sanity and student athletes!

Mpf43

Better get a lot of those diamond level donors if you're gonna compete with the semi-pros.

Met with a good buddy this week who is a former All American at LSU. He reported that EVERYONE
on the team is receiving $30,000 each. Said that a friend whose son is at Notre Dame said that they were getting $50,000.

Also, predicted that the SEC would leave the NCAA when OU and Texas joins the conference.

I'm hoping they do and the rest of the football world can return to sanity and student athletes!
Txst nil is designed to help compete against g5 programs. Even before nil they were not winning recruiting battles with lsu or nd.

Bobcat AirRaid

Bipartisan Bill that will probably pass in some form or another.

I like what I read. https://www.manchin.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/pass_act_bill_text1.pdf
For those of us who are too lazy or ignorant to understand what’s in that bill, care to share one or two things that jumped out at you?

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
For those of us who are too lazy or ignorant to understand what’s in that bill, care to share one or two things that jumped out at you?
Top 3 things from what I can remember.

1. No automatic eligibility when you transfer with exceptions: 3 years on the field, head coach or position coach leaves, death or disability in immediate family.

2. Transparency. All deals will need to be publicly disclosed and abide by the spirit of the law.

3. Deals can not be negotiated or discussed prior to a player attending his/her university.

There's a ton more that I'm leaving out. Did a quick read.

Bobcat1

Bipartisan Bill that will probably pass in some form or another.

I like what I read. https://www.manchin.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/pass_act_bill_text1.pdf
1.) The Manchin/Tuberville one will never get out of committee in its current form without amendments. Insurance companies & University Presidents will sink it before the ink is dry on the first draft.

2.) Ted Cruz being his usual POS self trying to screw student athletes as best he can by being the sycophant panderer for big business that he always is.

3.) As always, they find the best way to 💩 on student athletes from an old foggy perspective. Absolute 🐎 💩 to not be able to transfer during the first three years.

4.) It reads like it was written by a third grader, with multiple contradictions, sometimes within the same section and/or paragraph.

5.) This essentially eliminates the NCAA as an independent entity & makes the Federal government (through the agency that Congress creates) the new college athletics parent entity for all institutions. Another Unconstitutional overreach. 🤦🏻‍♂️ The NCAA will fight this tooth and nail for the next decade in court.

All of that by page 10 only too. I’ll read the rest later today.

Last edited:

Jive Turkey

M&G Gift Contributor
1.) The Manchin/Tuberville one will never get out of committee in its current form without amendments. Insurance companies & University Presidents will sink it before the ink is dry on the first draft.

2.) Ted Cruz being his usual POS self trying to screw student athletes as best he can by being the sycophant panderer for big business that he always is.

3.) As always, they find the best way to 💩 on student athletes from an old foggy perspective. Absolute 🐎 💩 to not be able to transfer during the first three years.

4.) It reads like it was written by a third grader, with multiple contradictions, sometimes within the same section and/or paragraph. I specially liked the part where anyone who buys a ticket to a game automatically will be legally considered a “booster” instead of a consumer. Hi, I’m an Unconstitutional overreach. 👋🏼 👋🏼

5.) This essentially eliminates the NCAA as an independent entity & makes the Federal government (through the agency that Congress creates) the new college athletics parent entity for all institutions. Another Unconstitutional overreach. 🤦🏻‍♂️ The NCAA will fight this tooth and nail for the next decade in court.

All of that by page 10 only too. I’ll read the rest later today.
The proposed bill does not state that a student athlete cannot transfer during the first three years; student athletes can transfer but are ineligible for one academic year except when they meet certain criteria such as being at a school for 3 years, family event, or coach leaving.

The proposed bill also does not define a booster as someone who buys “a ticket to a game”; it does define a person that purchase season tickets as a booster.