Bobcat NIL

atxman

Have folks seen details on the on the Lockhart National Bank/NIL deal? If someone already posted about it, please direct me there. I'm curious what kind of money is involved. I've seen only the Texas Football piece earlier in this thread and a short story on the Fox 7 site yesterday, but no real details.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I watched two of Keff's interviews with TJ and Nash about the deal. Nash said that they couldn't really talk details.

txphi592

M&G Gift Planner/Donor
M&G Collective Member
I'm guessing it's not a large enough contribution to be sexy, otherwise, why not lead with that? Likely more of a marketing play to push headlines in order to promote Victory Star. Just a hunch, I could be off-base and curious to learn more.

Bobcat AirRaid

I'm guessing it's not a large enough contribution to be sexy, otherwise, why not lead with that? Likely more of a marketing play to push headlines in order to promote Victory Star. Just a hunch, I could be off-base and curious to learn more.
This, and maybe avoid snooping ears of the IRS.

slycat

It's probably the biggest but still not very big. The headline "largest NIL deal" is better than whatever number it is so the decided to leave it at that.

atxman

Yeah, it’s probably not as big as we hoped. But this approach is kind of a boner killer, at least for fans who watch things like this more closely. On the other hand, you gotta make some kind of announcement (even a vague announcement like this) so a business/donor earns some goodwill.

Bobcat1

Think it's more excitement and publicity that the AD as a whole is getting which brings NIL providers out of the woods... Hopefully anyway
Yep, if donors are lining up to pump money into the AD…NIL opportunities won’t be far behind. If the AD has record revenue, there’s gotta be a way to help athletes cash in on opportunities as well.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
That's kinda big. You don't typically hear about G5 players getting a free lease that often.

Edit: of course I could be wrong, I don't necessarily keep up with other schools NIL going ons.