Bobcat NIL

Bobcat AirRaid

1. No automatic eligibility when you transfer with exceptions: 3 years on the field, head coach or position coach leaves, death or disability in immediate family.
Interesting; there were several bi-partisan sponsored bills 2-3 years ago, went nowhere.

1. Add to exceptions: walk-ons, program slapped with NCAA violations, and NW hazing type trauma, and I might be ok with that. Maybe add “documented lying by coach during recruitment” - now we’re talking!

Bobcat AirRaid

2. Transparency. All deals will need to be publicly disclosed and abide by the spirit of the law.

3. Deals can not be negotiated or discussed prior to a player attending his/her university.
Add: including notarized execution date of NIL/deal contract, and sworn affidavits that no discussions, correspondence, hints, whispers, or other communication between any agents of the program, school, coach, player, relatives, etc., direct or indirect, regarding NIL deals, including “here’s the going rate and terms”. 🤣

Bobcat1

The proposed bill does not state that a student athlete cannot transfer during the first three years; student athletes can transfer but are ineligible for one academic year except when they meet certain criteria such as being at a school for 3 years, family event, or coach leaving.

The proposed bill also does not define a booster as someone who buys “a ticket to a game”; it does define a person that purchase season tickets as a booster.
Re-read that paragraph, you’re correct. It also stipulates you make a donation to get those tickets. Thereby becoming a booster. That’s what happens when you read legislation at 3 am when you’re tired. 😅

The other point is on page 11, I hadn’t made it that far, misread what @2centsworth had said.

I read a few pages more, that bill is trash & poorly written. Page 15 will get the 2A enthusiasts up in arms too (pun intended). Of course it was written by a coach and his former buddies. The NCAA, insurance lobby, higher education lobby, the NRA, the alcohol lobby….I could go on and on with how many opponents it would have before it even leaves committee, if they even decided to take it up and not just shelve it for years.

Last edited:

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
FYI - that's called a collective. And no, we don't have one.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Some pretty sweet options here: