New President…

masjr62

Yes, I am extremely happy with our changes at the upper levels of university management. In addition, I am hoping our new President and Athletic Director might look at improving the shade of gold used in our athletic uniforms. The tweets showing our President with TXST students are the shade of gold I favor.
It is easy to understand the current gold shade used for most university business matters. In our older athletic history, our colors were like the ULM current colors.
Upon entering the Sun Belt, was there some reason TXST could not have the same colors as ULM? Can anything be done?
GO BOBCATS!

B

Bakertxst04

Speaking of his social media, I've seen more from him in the past month than I ever saw from DT.

Hers always felt very stiff and distant. Stuff like "Congratulations to the Texas State University Class of 2022." or "We wish all students, faculty, and staff a Happy (insert holiday here).

Damphousse has a "real" social media presence. Pictures of moving boxes. Pictures of him and his wife at dinner at the Tap Room. Pictures of him with the students. Pictures of him with the coaches. He seems to be a very "in the moment" kind of guy, whereas DT likely had someone writing hers for her and setting them to send ahead of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

slycat

The Bun and LT were stuck in the 2000s. The Bun made great strides but fresh ideas and energy were needed. Not sure I can come up with a LT accomplishment.

vp98

He’s done more in the past week on social media than Trauth did the past five years.
That was just not her style. She oversaw and completed the direction established by Supple bringing us on the verge of being a class National Research University. Several have made lists of all of the programs established expanded and buildings built, renovated and all the other gains made during her tenure. Our academics have long been on track. Damphousse will now prioritize athletics and engagement.

Bobcat1

That was just not her style. She oversaw and completed the direction established by Supple bringing us on the verge of being a class National Research University. Several have made lists of all of the programs established expanded and buildings built, renovated and all the other gains made during her tenure. Our academics have long been on track. Damphousse will now prioritize athletics and engagement.
I don’t think he will prioritize it over anything else, he just knows how to leverage it into the marketing tool that it is supposed to be for the University. Trauth never saw that value. I’m not knocking Trauth, just pointing out this is a huge night and day difference.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Trauth was from an analog era. She had no clue how or why to use social media. KD is 20yrs younger than The Bun, so it's not surprising he's more adept at using the technology of his time.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Listening to the podcast, Dr. Damphousse says, "The aspiration has to remain in front of you. (Within the rules) Winning is very important, and you've got to hold a high expectation there."

He goes on to mention how competitive he is and says, "I've learned to value the importance... in all things you do, seek excellence. If things aren't working, then you have to change things because you can't just settle for being mediocre. You always have to be the best you can be."

He hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly the kind of mentality most of us have been looking for from our leadership. Being good at some things isn't an excuse to be apathetic toward everything else.