New President…

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
This guy might just be addicted to posting on SM. Parking is a weird flex.

Not sure, but this may be in response to an email sent to students from some PARKTXST group that has a petition with thousands of signatures bitching about parking on campus, the Parking Department, fines being twice as high as City of SM and other things. They were going to deliver the petition to KDamp and were trying to get a large group of students to show up when they present it.
Don't get me wrong, there are some weird things about parking at TXST but of the 5 schools I've attended, it works better than most.

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
Not sure, but this may be in response to an email sent to students from some PARKTXST group that has a petition with thousands of signatures bitching about parking on campus, the Parking Department, fines being twice as high as City of SM and other things. They were going to deliver the petition to KDamp and were trying to get a large group of students to show up when they present it.
Don't get me wrong, there are some weird things about parking at TXST but of the 5 schools I've attended, it works better than most.
Just double checked and it was 10% of TXST students supposedly and they were going to rally today about it and march on the UAC Arch at 14:30 today.

B

Bakertxst04

This guy might just be addicted to posting on SM. Parking is a weird flex.

… from the stadium to campus in 20 minutes is fine.

If the busses aren’t full.

If they are running on time.

If they aren’t stopped by the train.

except those rarely, if ever, occur together. I mean, we still have a better system than the pavement poultry, but that’s like saying Austin traffic isn’t so bad compared to Houston. Just because something is comparatively better, doesn’t make it “good”.

Bobcat1

I like how interactive and open KD has been but it is interesting that of all his posts/tweets, this is the one where he turns off comments. Guess he figured he/parking services would get roasted??
😂😂😂

With good reason. If y’all thought he inherited a mess with the football program, y’all clearly don’t have a beat on what students talk about on campus. They unanimously HATE the parking situation.

GolfCat

EVERY College Kid at EVERY College in the Country HATE the parking situation.
You got that right. I was even bad in the mid 80's. Funniest thing I ever saw in a parking lot happened in the one off of Sessom across from the Ag Department. People would get there and wait in line for people to get out of class. The lines were normally respectful and everybody waited their turn. One day a young lady (she was actually in one of my Ag Business classes) was waiting in line and this guy comes from the other way and pulls in to a spot that had just been vacated. She gets out and has a few words with the guy and he just walks off. She finally found a parking spot and by then the guy had walked across Sessom. She walked up to his vehicle and commenced to not only let the air out of one, but all four tires. I sat there and couldn't help but laugh. Don't mess with those girls from the country. Her little "get back" was the talk of the entire semester.

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
Hasn’t the alumni association been doing this for years? I had a ring ceremony when I got my ring in 2006? What’s the big deal here?
Yep, same here (also 2006). I'm pretty sure it was in Evans. I think they had a fish bowl with San Marcos River water in it to dunk the rings.
Maybe he meant first first ceremony for him to host?

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Hasn’t the alumni association been doing this for years? I had a ring ceremony when I got my ring in 2006? What’s the big deal here?
Have never seen it before - maybe it’s just because KD uses social media. I’m anti-class ring so any ceremony around them is also lame in my eyes. This just reeks of aTm w/ the giant ring - thank god they haven’t built a monstrosity like they have in CS - and the dunking, which I saw references to as well.

B

Bakertxst04

I think it's a fun tradition to celebrate your upcoming graduation. I still have my ring from 2004, but we never had any kind of ceremony, so it had to be '05-06 when they started doing that. Our ceremony was handing over an abnormally large check to Jostens at the table in the bookstore and waiting 4-6 weeks for it to arrive.

A&M-SA has a pretty cool tradition they just started where they keep all the rings in a box inside the jaguar enclosure (jaguar is the school's mascot) at the SA Zoo for a day.

A&M - CS likes their tradition maybe a little much, but aside from being obnoxious at times (whooping at weddings for example), they're generally harmless and just having fun with their college experience. I wish that we could have that much pride in our school, maybe we wouldn't have alums buying orange t-shirts from Wal-Mart and going to football games in Austin.

Last edited by a moderator:

stallionjockey

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Have never seen it before - maybe it’s just because KD uses social media. I’m anti-class ring so any ceremony around them is also lame in my eyes. This just reeks of aTm w/ the giant ring - thank god they haven’t built a monstrosity like they have in CS - and the dunking, which I saw references to as well.
i mean the giant ring is better than the Tupperware with some rocks and river water in it I dunked my hand in. The water in the ring is from the river, so the idea is you get your ring and then run water from the river over it so there’s always part of the river with you. I mean I think it’s pretty cool tbh and judging by the turnout, most everyone else does too.