New university fundraising efforts

txphi592

M&G Gift Planner/Donor
M&G Collective Member
This has been in the works for a while and the campaign is now entering the public phase. There is a national marketing and rebranding campaign that will launch soon that was put together by the same group that handles A&M's marketing campaigns. They will be deprecating the "Rising Star of Texas" among a bunch of other things aimed at changing our profile from regional to national. There are a bunch of benchmarks they have to hit to get to a recognized "tier 1 research university" status.

LT Spider

“TXST publicly launched its “NEXT IS NOW” campaign Friday, which it said was in a silent phase since 2014. The university’s new fundraising campaign already amassed $172 million contributed by over 40,000 donors and has increased its endowment from $165 to $300 million during the silent period. “

I had noticed that the endowment total started going up quickly in the last few years, so this explains that. I’m fully supportive of this effort.

Does anybody have a link to info about what the athletic department is doing? That is where I would like to contribute, if its being well managed.

Bobcat1

“TXST publicly launched its “NEXT IS NOW” campaign Friday, which it said was in a silent phase since 2014. The university’s new fundraising campaign already amassed $172 million contributed by over 40,000 donors and has increased its endowment from $165 to $300 million during the silent period. “

I had noticed that the endowment total started going up quickly in the last few years, so this explains that. I’m fully supportive of this effort.

Does anybody have a link to info about what the athletic department is doing? That is where I would like to contribute, if its being well managed.

Now you guys know where we may find some funds for a buyout if need be. Anyone know where the funds for the Withers buyout came from? Or did his Giants/UT paychecks balance things out?

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
Any update on how close to the goal we are for the complex renovations? I know a few months ago I heard somewhere in the ballpark of halfway.

TXST04

Any update on how close to the goal we are for the complex renovations? I know a few months ago I heard somewhere in the ballpark of halfway.
Solely based on just the "tweeted" donations, here is a summary of what has been given to date. ~$225k
I have yet to see any tweets for values below $25,000; although that may still be happening, however, it still seems that this Athletics Department still doesn't care about the "little fish".

Call11/17/21$25,000
Skonnord11/17/21$25,000
Frizzells11/15/21$25,000
Dobbins11/11/21$50,000
Madden10/12/21$25,000
McNabb & CO09/28/21$25,000
Edgar09/16/21$50,000
First Lockhart National Bank09/14/21$25,000
Trevillon08/23/21Not Disclosed
Running Total$250,000

Last edited: