New university fundraising efforts

LT Spider

Has support stepped up or are they just making it more visible, honest question.
I don’t know the answer to your question but I do seem to remember a Larry fundraising debacle for either an indoor practice facility or baseball renovations. Maybe somebody that’s been here longer remembers.

slycat

It could be a little of both. The baseball renovations are a great example. I am sure some donations came in but if they did you would never know it. The renovations were never completed so they clearly never got funding. That project just slowly went into the night to never be spoken of again.

This project is new and Don is smart to brag about all 25k and up donations. In the past I don't think you heard much unless it was a million. I feel these are the small fish that Larry ignored. Yes 25-100k is a lot of money but a lot more manageable for people than a million or more. It is nice to give these donations credit because it is a still a lot of money for most people. If I was still single a not a new dad then it is the level I could look at and probably make happen but a million I would just think maybe if I won the lottery I could make a difference.

atxman

The end zone complex upgrade is good to hear about. But I'm curious about whether an indoor practice facility is on the radar at all. Just direct me to whatever thread, if any, that's home to that discussion.

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
The end zone complex upgrade is good to hear about. But I'm curious about whether an indoor practice facility is on the radar at all. Just direct me to whatever thread, if any, that's home to that discussion.
I spoke with an administrator at a game and the priority list right now doesn’t include an indoor. After the endzone complex the department will focus on a performance center for baseball. Even though in my opinion (which means nothing) an indoor should be high on the list.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
I spoke with an administrator at a game and the priority list right now doesn’t include an indoor. After the endzone complex the department will focus on a performance center for baseball. Even though in my opinion (which means nothing) an indoor should be high on the list.
:rolleyes: what backwards thinking. We would have money and donations for a much better baseball performance center if we can turn football around.

B

Bakertxst04

It’s been discussed on a few different threads. The biggest issue that the University has with trying to build an IPF is space near the athletic complex. The Section Nine housing near the stadium would take a monumental amount of government red tape and money to buy up that land as well as provide suitable housing for the residents we would be displacing. We think that if the University would buy the land across from the BSB/ SB complex from the city that we could potentially build there. I’d dig up the thread but it’s late. I’ll see if I can find it tomorrow.