NonConf Games

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I’m a dumbass thinking SUU would win. State really dominated the final 30 minutes of the game. Seven was as close as SUU could get it in the second half. This SUU team was only down 2 @Kansas last week with a minute to go.

Harrell had his double digit guarantee (13 is the fewest he has scored in a game. 18 tonight). Finally shot a respectable % from 3 at 37.5% (10 percentage points better than any previous games). Sykes may be a stud. Four steal and two blocks, six boards. Love 5-7 from the field. Davis 3-5 from 3.

Play Hawaii tomorrow night

Last edited:

franslasttwinkie

Kansas’ national championship from last season carries over to this season right? So if we beat SUU by more points than they did and held SUU to less points than KU did that pretty much makes us de facto 2023 national champs right? I’m just going to assume Wazzu and UTSA games were flukes

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Southern Utah and Sac State in OT in the 3rd place game.

So it's gonna be a late tip for TXST/Hawaii in the title game. 11:30ish our time probably. Hawaii are 4 point favorites. I suspect they'll have a pretty decent crowd as its only about an hour drive from their campus to where we're playing in Laie.

Edit: Now Double OT. True #TXSTAfterDark tonight....
Edit2: Southern Utah wins in 2OT, which I'd say is good for our SOS. Tip set for approximately 11:40 our time.

Last edited:

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Well Patty Mills name is on it so guessing that's how. Apparently he spends a good chunk of time in the area in the off-season.

The school's campus we're at doesn't even sponsor athletics anymore. Used to be D2 till they folded athletics completely about 5 years ago.

I'm definitely going radio only. Can't see anything in that stream. Sure as hell not paying for it.

Fiefdom

Well Patty Mills name is on it so guessing that's how. Apparently he spends a good chunk of time in the area in the off-season.

The school's campus we're at doesn't even sponsor athletics anymore. Used to be D2 till they folded athletics completely about 5 years ago.

I'm definitely going radio only. Can't see anything in that stream. Sure as hell not paying for it.
But you will miss the hot Hawaiian dancers that with the fish bowl effect look even chubbier than they are...

I had to turn off the volume on the National Anthem....at least I believe that is what they were singing.

Comedy of errors, I see they have us as TCU on the game stats...

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Ha I mean if I already paid for it I'd probably stick it out too, but we got Bill Culhane on the radio call if it gets unbearable for you...

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Oh there's actual TV coverage? Wish I had Spectrum Sports Hawaii...

Sloppy so far for the Cats. Shooting woes continue. Need to find some guys who can score other than Harrell. We're gonna have to win games on defense this year. Having our top two centers out certainly isn't helping, at least Love is getting some valuable experience and seems to be improving.

And as I say that quick 5-0 run for TXST. 24-20 Hawaii.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Harrell with a runner at the buzzer to take the lead!!!

29-28 Bobcats at the break. We were down 11 at one point.

Only shooting 39% from the field. Hopefully we can improve on that in the 2nd half. Hit 2 of 4 threes though and an OK 5/7 from the FT line. Only turned it over 3 times and outrebounding Hawaii 17-14 is keeping us in it.

Harrell leads all scorers with 10. Davis had a good half with 6 points (2/2 from 3) and 5 rebounds and Love had 5. Gatkek starting to be productive after starting the year hurt. He's got 6 rebounds and a block to go along with 4 points.

Last edited:

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Love with four fouls and a lot of time to play. With all the injuries, we have no depth there. ouch