Portal Kombat

probably a better chance of seeing the federal prosecutor schuler behind center. he didnt give a flying 💩 about the program before jdl but found the time to commit 28 of his 30 all time posts to kill it all in one fell swoop. cougar king aint got nothin on hunter biden schuler troll game
Sorry, all out of eligibility 🤷‍♂️ #rentfree
And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that I (like many on this forum) have paid my dues as a fan. Here's just one example from a few years ago - on my birthday weekend no less:

Last edited:

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Jello
And we also need to keep the thread on topic.

It's ok to disagree with other forum members and to make that known, but that's not an excuse to derail a thread to harass someone for having opinions you dislike.

Take it to the private forum if you want to redirect the conversation to a new subject.

BobcatRaider

Today Leftwich followed QBs:

Tyler Huff (Presbyterian/Furman)
Jacob Conover (BYUASU)
Tanner Bailey (SCar)
Jeff Sims (GT/Nebraska)

Huff is a dual threat super-senior. Not very impressive passing numbers but he has mobility. Conover & Bailey are young P5 backups with limited playing time at this point in their careers. Sims has extensive P5 experience but has been painfully bad most of his career.

Mpf43

Unless we get a mcloud type current starter, i expect them to go for a young current backup now and take a vet potential starter after spring. We need depth now. A young backup has a future upside but why take a vet with little upside and no future opportunities.

Bobcat AirRaid

Today Leftwich followed QBs:

Tyler Huff (Presbyterian/Furman)
Jacob Conover (BYUASU)
Tanner Bailey (SCar)
Jeff Sims (GT/Nebraska)

Huff is a dual threat super-senior. Not very impressive passing numbers but he has mobility. Conover & Bailey are young P5 backups with limited playing time at this point in their careers. Sims has extensive P5 experience but has been painfully bad most of his career.
Interesting. This tells me they have QB1 who's not available until summer, ala TJ--or know they'll have to find QB1 in May after more guys hop in the portal--and are scrambling to find a QB2 who can still late enroll to throw this spring (and be injury-insurance this fall).

Last edited:

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Sorry, all out of eligibility 🤷‍♂️ #rentfree
And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that I (like many on this forum) have paid my dues as a fan. Here's just one example from a few years ago - on my birthday weekend no less:
View attachment 6400
Ouch. Sitting in GA during the rain. I get bent over by the $300 Bobcat club donation to sit under the overhang so I’m always dry and always shaded!

BobcatRaider

Interesting. This tells me they have QB1 who's not available until summer, ala TJ--or know they'll have to find QB1 in May after more guys hop in the portal--and are scrambling to find a QB2 who can still late enroll to throw this spring (and be injury-insurance this fall).
I know being the semantics police is annoying but this is a pet peeve of mine. FCS ≠ D2.

Presbyterian and Furman are FCS.

TXST was FCS just over a decade ago and it bugged the shit out of me when people would say they were D2.

FCS Texas Schools: SFA, Lamar, UIW HCU, ACU, etc.

D2 Texas Schools: Sul Ross, Midwestern State, Angelo State, WT A&M, etc.

The upper level of talent in FCS is significantly better than D2.

Bobcat AirRaid

I know being the semantics police is annoying but this is a pet peeve of mine. FCS ≠ D2.

Presbyterian and Furman are FCS.

TXST was FCS just over a decade ago and it bugged the shit out of me when people would say they were D2.

FCS Texas Schools: SFA, Lamar, UIW HCU, ACU, etc.

D2 Texas Schools: Sul Ross, Midwestern State, Angelo State, WT A&M, etc.

The upper level of talent in FCS is significantly better than D2.
What in my post possibly triggered the remedial lesson on CFB divisions? 😂

slycat

When TXST won the bowl game the school or someone posted about it being the biggest win in school history and someone said it was the two D2 national championships and someone else tried to correct them and ay it's wasn't D2 it was I-AA and I have never seen someone make the mistake the wrong direction like that.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
When TXST won the bowl game the school or someone posted about it being the biggest win in school history and someone said it was the two D2 national championships and someone else tried to correct them and ay it's wasn't D2 it was I-AA and I have never seen someone make the mistake the wrong direction like that.
Right, most people aren't even aware of FCS. I had never heard of it until I took a tour of TXST my senior year of high school and our tour guide spelled it out for us and mentioned the drive to FBS and all that.

Everyone knows D1 is there though so logically they know that there are other "D"s. FCS is just sort of invisible.

slycat

Right, most people aren't even aware of FCS. I had never heard of it until I took a tour of TXST my senior year of high school and our tour guide spelled it out for us and mentioned the drive to FBS and all that.

Everyone knows D1 is there though so logically they know that there are other "D"s. FCS is just sort of invisible.
I got pretty into the whole FCS thing as a student and they transitioned the name from I-AA to FCS at that time. Just to make people even more confused. "We play D1 just not the D1 you think of but all other sports do".

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Yup. That explanation was exhausting to give.

Pompous aggy friend: "So ya'll are D2 right?"

Me: "No we're FCS."

paf: "wtf is that?"

Me: "It's the 2nd level of D1."

paf: "Wouldn't the level below D1 be D2?"

Me: "Yes, we're D1 though. Look at our schedules in other sports, we've hosted Tech in volleyball, Missouri in baseball, UH in basketball, etc. Heck we hosted and beat y'all in baseball, remember that?? Our football team is simply in a different subdivision with less scholarships, a playoff system, members of the SLC with SFA, SHSU......"

paf: " Oh yeah. So y'all are D1 in everything but football?"

Me: ........