Portal Kombat

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Going to see if I can steer all the "This kid is in the portal, we should go after him" talk here...we'll see if it works. (narrator: It won't)

If we're looking at schools to target, then anyone in our same boat is ideal - coaching change, presumed high turnover, preferably P5 w/ a high number of Texans on the roster.

Colorado is a prime example - pun very much intended. 25 players from Texas and 3 more in the recruiting class.
22 3* from the 2020 class through this current one (provided none have already portaled out)

I've always been a believer that these are the kids we want here - the borderline P5 players who go out of state. They aren't exactly high value targets for those schools, but good athletes from a state w/ great HSFB so there's great value from a risk/reward standpoint.

Bobcat1

The amount of talent up for grabs here is mind blowing, A&M having a worse time than we are at this portal thing….

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
A sensical take! I like it! Not just the state of CFB though. The cultural need for instant gratification is playing a huge part as well.
I heard a take I liked on this from the solid verbal podcast. Is this the new norm? Maybe, but probably not. You have to remember a lot of people committed to teams sight unseen during the pandemic AND have extra eligibility AND one free transfer. They are predicting this is going to be the wildest transfer year and it should normalize a little in the coming years.