Realignment Super Thread

Bobcat1

I’d like to point out, I was the first one ever to say that TXST should go Big XII way back when we joined FBS. 😎😂

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
As much as I (justifiably) rag on you, I would like to commend you on finally typing TXST correctly. Well done lad! 👏👏

Bobcat1

As much as I (justifiably) rag on you, I would like to commend you on finally typing TXST correctly. Well done lad! 👏👏
Not even gonna lie, I originally typed the other one…..and I changed it JUST because of your correction. 😏🤣 When you’re right, you’re right.

franslasttwinkie

first thought: dreading another conference realignment because we may wind up with the short stick.
So you're saying realignment could actually potentially put us in a worst place than the Sun Belt as it is right now? Just when I thought we were rock bottom. How could our current affiliation actually get worse? If we went Independent? I don't think there is any way we could ever afford to go independent I think that option has already been weighed on here.

Txst12

So you're saying realignment could actually potentially put us in a worst place than the Sun Belt as it is right now? Just when I thought we were rock bottom. How could our current affiliation actually get worse? If we went Independent? I don't think there is any way we could ever afford to go independent I think that option has already been weighed on here.
I don’t understand this sentiment. You’re acting as if this is the old sun belt from when we joined. It’s not. The SBC now is probably second best g5 conference out there especially with coastal, app and ull. We could definitely be worse off in the MAC, CUSA or independent.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
The idea of today's SBC being rock bottom simply fits w/ twinkie's all doom and gloom, all the time philosophy. It's a solid football conference no question about it. 2 weeks from now is a completely different story.

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
I wasn’t thrilled with TXST winding up in the SBC at the time either, but as of last season it could be argued that SBC was the best G5 conference (no thanks to us).

So yeah, it could be a lot worse.

vp98

SEC takes from the B12
B12 takes from AAC
AAC takes from CUSA
CUSA takes from SBC
TXST still in the SBC, minus APPST, GASO, Coastal, ARST and Louisiana
This is probably a likely scenario. So how does SBC pick up the pieces? I wouldn't mind seeing SFA and Sam Houston join the SBC so that we can at least have some in-state rivals. The SBC could then back fill with some other schools in the footprint. Let's face it, we're going to be left behind in this derby. Might as well accept reality and make the best of it.

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
SEC takes from the B12
B12 takes from AAC
AAC takes from CUSA
CUSA takes from SBC
TXST still in the SBC, minus APPST, GASO, Coastal, ARST and Louisiana
This looks close to reality, however at this point I think AAC takes from SBC and SBC takes from CUSA. I would think AAC would prefer App St, Coastal or Louisana over just about anyone in CUSA.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
It wasn't meant to be strictly linear or absolute. Just trying to keep it simple for the crayon eaters.

Another possible scenario: The B12 just straight up dies.

Pac12 takes BYU, Tech, OKST, and Kansas
ACC takes Notre Dame and West Virginia
AAC takes Baylor, TCU, Iowa State and KState

You can get creative and swap some of those around, play w/ the B1G taking KU and ND, etc. But the B12 is the weakest P5 and could easily be cannibalized with the end result being 4 or 5 16 team conferences.

Last edited:

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Another possible scenario: The B12 just straight up dies.
aaaand look at this little nugget re: the B12 call this afternoon that UT and OU didn't attend:
The main guy that is plugged in on the frogs of war TCU board stated that before the meeting at least 1 school had pretty much began the process of solidifying their landing spot (I assumed he didn’t mean TCU because how he felt their chances are of not heading back to the MWC/AAC) and the real strategy of the call was to determine who is in and who is out and should they backfill of blow it up. Seeing these tweets make me think TT didn’t get the news they liked and there may be enough schools looking to go to kill the league overall.

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
The other thing the SBC has over CUSA is the amount of teams in each conference. CUSA is already overloaded and probably needs to lose a team or two as it is.

While we could wind up in a worse situation, I don't think it will lead to a doomsday scenario where we wind up as an Indy or worse in FCS.

I think if UT and OU leave, the Big 12 will be done for. Even if they poach a few AAC or MWC teams, I can see where they will be seen as a new G6 conference.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Our being in the SBC minus App St, Ga So, Coastal, StAte, and UL is simply supposition on your part
The man asked a question and I answered it. That's how our situation could get worse. You seem to be missing a good chunk of this conversation.