Realignment Super Thread

DevilDog7396$

M&G Gift Contributor
If OU and Texas do move to the SEC , will the Aggies consider leaving the SEC ? I ask this question since obviously A&M left the B12 to get away from what they thought was the overbearing influence of Texas .

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Man, seeing a lot of fun rumors today. I despise realignment overall and wish everything could go back to 2000, but I also LOVE chaos in sport.

Vandy leaving the SEC for the B1G - makes sense from an academic standpoint.
KU to the B1G - again that works from an academic pov, definitely a hoops fit, and would be nice and tidy packaged w/ Vandy to hit 16 and be done.
WVU fans are certain they aren't getting an invite from the ACC because they've been rebuffed in the past. They aren't going B1G because they aren't AAU. Could they go to the SEC as well?
The B12 being dead seems to be a really strong thought as all teams are looking for a landing spot and not looking to save the conf by bringing in other teams.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
If OU and Texas do move to the SEC , will the Aggies consider leaving the SEC ?
And go where? Can't see them in the ACC at all, but I suppose that's an option. There likely won't be a B12 to go back to, and they already look weak by trying to block Texas from the SEC to begin with. How terrible would it make them look if they literally fled their 100 year decision because big brother showed back up?

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
This is interesting. I had never heard of AAU before this. I wouldn't think the money powers in the Big 10 would really care that much about an affiliation with this organization (or at least they would turn a blind eye to it).
I wonder where Baylor and TCU wind up?

jj1180

The thread title needs to be changed to “Can TXST backfill the Southland Conference?”.

What’s it like for some of y’all not living in reality? Best case scenario, we backfill a weakened Mountain West. Which I would be thrilled with. Worst case scenario, we are in the Sun Belt with 5 teams and ponder going back to FCS.

Backfill the Big XII…get the F out of here with that nonsense.

DrumCat

The thread title needs to be changed to “Can TXST backfill the Southland Conference?”.

What’s it like for some of y’all not living in reality? Best case scenario, we backfill a weakened Mountain West. Which I would be thrilled with. Worst case scenario, we are in the Sun Belt with 5 teams and ponder going back to FCS.

Backfill the Big XII…get the F out of here with that nonsense.
If you actually read the OP, the thread title was clearly made in jest.

jj1180

If you actually read the OP, the thread title was clearly made in jest.
I disagree that it was “clearly” made in jest. Anyway, I hope to be proven wrong by the TXST administration. Just maybe they are being proactive today.

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
Can the Big 12 at least temporarily be referred to as the Big 8?

Also, jj180 brings up a valid point. Will the Southland rise again? Will Wacker field find itself back in the WAC? The only teams that will matter in Division 1 football will be those belonging to a Superconference. Their games will be must-see TV. Fox Sports is not going to open their wallet to broadcast second tier games. This whole move could blow up the NCAA. There is no reason for the SEC, Big 10, Pac 12 and ACC to share their revenue with the lesser lights of the world. With 14-16 teams per conference, there is no real need to play out of conference so there goes the revenue stream for the wanna-bees.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
With 14-16 teams per conference, there is no real need to play out of conference so there goes the revenue stream for the wanna-bees.
SEC schedules the least amount of conference games of any P5 and schedule the most FCS-G5 teams ... why would that change? Can't be the conference of champions without everyone punching down and that won't change.

gatorcat

M&G Collective Member
SEC schedules the least amount of conference games of any P5 and schedule the most FCS-G5 teams ... why would that change? Can't be the conference of champions without everyone punching down and that won't change.
P5 will still open the season against a G5 and schedule a G5 prior to their rival game.

carmanjello325

so you’re saying there’s a good possibility our cumulative scholarship count headed into fall camp may be only 76-78

Last edited:

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Alright, here's a better example. From the You Know You’re from Tx State (SWT) when... group on Facebook.

DrumCat

Let's not act like we haven't all seen 1000 references of TXST to the B12 over the last 10 years, or that there aren't plenty of mouthbreathers among us who truly think that's a thing.

Exhibit A:
Trust me, I was emotionally prepared to come to this board the moment I heard the rumors flying, to see a thread titled "wE'rE gOiNg To ThE bIg TwElVe" with someone being dead serious about it.

I was pleasantly surprised by the realism of most posters. Guess 5 years of poor performance will do that 🤷