Spring Ball 2024…

Pintail45

M&G Gift Contributor
Agreed, perfect trap game. I happen to be acquainted with a couple of guys who were on SHSUs staff last year and they don't like their chances against us. Of course they're not there to see the new changes and as we've all seen here, a lot can change in one year.
Been looking forward to this game, should be well attended given our history and proximity to both fanbases.

Pintail45

M&G Gift Contributor
Coming on the heels of A. St. and utsa anything could happen, wait that was the old Cats, this year is going to be different. no hiccups. GO CATS....
Not gonna lie, I was pretty pissed with his group's performance as a whole last year but this interview has restored my faith in Da Prato.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
SHSUs had a pretty decent defense last year and trash offense. Of their offense got better they'd have probably been bowl eligible. They lost a ton of super close games at the very end.

Definitely a trap game.
Yeah... Apparently very stout against the run but weak against the pass. If that flip flops then we'll run them out of NRG and then hopefully put the series to rest.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Not worried about Sammy one bit w/ this team/HC. If Spav or Withers was still here, I'd call it a pick 'em. As it is we win by 2 TD.

They'll have a new QB playing behind a veteran, but terrible, OL (7th to last in rushing last year). Their defense is relying on a guy who couldn't start for us in 2022.

franslasttwinkie

Not gonna lie, I was pretty pissed with his group's performance as a whole last year but this interview has restored my faith in Da Prato.
Kickoff and punt coverage always felt absolutely atrocious. Maybe that’s partially because we were missing the ringer Jake Bates that could kick it over where the old track is buried.

I have no idea why with a program on the rise we don’t have our pickings to get a punter and a kickoff dude with a deadly leg. We might as well have been sending kickoffs out of bounds and giving them the ball at the 35 the way we were scheming.

Golden1

2 sec into listening to the spring game broadcast, and hear OU TE transfer, Blake Smith, tore his ACL (sometime before the game). Bummer.

Bobcat1

This is the most bush league spring game I’ve ever been to. Can’t even call this a glorified practice. No numbers on players, Hatter sacked on back to back plays and almost throws a pick third play. No passion or excitement. Bell not playing. Mahdi not playing.

This is pure 🚮.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Calm down dude. It's literally practice... but also a heads up play by McCloud to break up his own tipped pass to keep it from becoming a pick six. Literally pawed it out of the DLmans hands

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
We’re in big trouble if this is any indication of next year. McCloud is terrible.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Good God yall. It's spring. No need to panic at all. We know what our offense is.

1. Defense has practiced against them for a month now. They probably have a good idea of the tendencies

2. If they are just straight whipping the Offenses ass then maybe our D is simply legit? We know our offense is.