State of Texas Student Athlete NIL bill

txphi592

M&G Gift Planner/Donor
M&G Collective Member
There is a donor that allocated a small % of a large donation to "NIL" activities but this allocation is really meant to test how NIL payments get pushed through the system and is not a formal/ongoing NIL program. Cliff's notes- we have no meaningful NIL program right now.

There are multiple groups organizing a formal NIL collective right now. They are all early. I suspect a few will consolidate their efforts and go public soon.

I'm involved with one of the groups and happy to share more info (DM) if you have the means/connections and want to help.

TXST04

I'm involved with one of the groups and happy to share more info (DM) if you have the means/connections and want to help.
Just curious why the collective(s) are some what closed door/secretive; would it not benefit the collective to be public?

Jecbobcat

True... I'm haven't done a carnival since I was 13. Usually do royal Caribbean and just did a Disney with the kiddo... But still feels cheap

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Did Norwegian spring break my soph year in college. Grandparents took the entire family of 15 for their 50th anniversary.
Dominated a Cincinnati Bengal DB in volleyball. He was on the field when Bo Jackson had his career ending injury the year before, but not in on the tackle itself. Still felt like I did my part to avenge Bo.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
If you're curious about why aTm is taking a shot across the bow from the NCAA, it's because you can't tie NIL donations to university benefits, like this: