The Positivity Thread

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
This goes against alot of what I have posted previously but I think the "fire Spav, team sucks, etc" narrative should be abandoned for at least a week.
Here are some really good things about the victory and our program right now.

We are undefeated in overtime.
We are most likely the only team in the nation to achieve all of its victories in OT.
We sit atop the Sunbelt. The conf championship is sitting there waiting for us. All we have to do is win out.
With the help of little brother in college station, yesterday it was the State of Texas 2, State of Trailer Park 0.
It is really tough to throw 3 INT's and win. Three turnovers of any kind is usually the death knell for winning.
Love him or not, McBride showed alot of grit and determination and the team kept on supporting him.
The Defense showed up.

Speculation: Maybe it has taken the Portal Posse this long to gel.

Troy is as beatable as they’ve been in a long time. Tell Brady to settle the hell down, keep feeding the backs and for the love of god we (for the first time in recent memory) have several receivers that can outmatch DBs, keep using that advantage. Defense will be fine as long as the offense is doing something.

RockCat

This goes against alot of what I have posted previously but I think the "fire Spav, team sucks, etc" narrative should be abandoned for at least a week.
Here are some really good things about the victory and our program right now.

We are undefeated in overtime.
We are most likely the only team in the nation to achieve all of its victories in OT.
We sit atop the Sunbelt. The conf championship is sitting there waiting for us. All we have to do is win out.
With the help of little brother in college station, yesterday it was the State of Texas 2, State of Trailer Park 0.
It is really tough to throw 3 INT's and win. Three turnovers of any kind is usually the death knell for winning.
Love him or not, McBride showed alot of grit and determination and the team kept on supporting him.
The Defense showed up.

Speculation: Maybe it has taken the Portal Posse this long to gel.
Agreed. As difficult and frustrating as Bobcat fandom has been, we should relish the win. And hey, it will forever be a "W" in the record books. We'll take it. The team overcame a deficit, played hard until the end, and found a way to win the game. My hope is that this will sink in and serve as a catalyst for some additional wins this season.
Some footnotes: 1) The enthusiasm on the bench was great all the way to the end of the last OT. 2) Seeing Spav jump around and hugging players at the end of the game was a good thing. Cool, methodical leadership is great but emotion plays a big role in winning a football game so I was happy to see Spav fired up.

Last edited:

TxSt1992

The whole conference is very top heavy this year. There's a huge drop off between UL, App St, Coastal and the rest of the other teams. Not playing App this year is huge for us.

slycat

We have enough winnable games left to go bowling. Things have to go our way but there is a chance

Troy
Georgia St
ULM
Georgia Southern
Arkansas St

Just need to beat four of those and we can go bowling.

franslasttwinkie

I can’t quite wrap my head around GSU they held their own against Auburn, ran ULM off the field and were run off the field themselves by App St and were run of the field by not very good teams UNC and Army.

I don’t think we have to be great to beat 4 of those 5 teams just can’t do anything stupid or costly or have big drops or blown coverage.

Troy holding their own against S Carolina may be meaningless USC is also not very good

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
We have enough winnable games left to go bowling. Things have to go our way but there is a chance

Troy
Georgia St
ULM
Georgia Southern
Arkansas St

Just need to beat four of those and we can go bowling.
Louisiana has become a winnable game, IMO. They are not the same team as last year.

Last edited:

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
After all the shittalk about him (including from me!), nice to Tupou come up HUGE in OT not once, but TWICE, both times saving us from the L.
Happy for him. He's learned how to shed blockers, but also our improved Dline receives a lot more attention than last year and frees our LBs.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
After all the shittalk about him (including from me!), nice to Tupou come up HUGE in OT not once, but TWICE, both times saving us from the L.
He cut the long hair and earned my respect. That's for sure.

I mentioned this in preseason, but when I was watching games from last season he was actually really great at reading plays and putting himself where he needed to be. But we had no depth and he looked gassed at the end of games. He stuck out like a sore thumb when he was out of breath and not hustling when we were losing late in the game and I think that got him our attention. Anyways I'm all about the tupou train and willing to admit my mistake if he keeps bringing this energy.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
After the

Louisiana has become a winnable game, IMO. They are not the same team as last year.

They only beat south Alabama by 2 ... We might have beat south Alabama by a good deal had we not thrown 3 picks in the redzone.

We are not the team our record shows and Louisiana isn't the team from last year.

I'm not predicting a win, but I don't think our odds are as low as ESPN thinks.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
He cut the long hair and earned my respect. That's for sure.

I mentioned this in preseason, but when I was watching games from last season he was actually really great at reading plays and putting himself where he needed to be. But we had no depth and he looked gassed at the end of games. He stuck out like a sore thumb when he was out of breath and not hustling when we were losing late in the game and I think that got him our attention. Anyways I'm all about the tupou train and willing to admit my mistake if he keeps bringing this energy.
observing that he was little more than a blocking dummy was not a mistake, it was the truth. He's simply playing better and our DL is helping him. Still slower than I would like for a LB, but that's the life of a G5 program. Kids with all the measurables end up at P5 programs, regardless if they can play or not.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
observing that he was little more than a blocking dummy was not a mistake, it was the truth. He's simply playing better and our DL is helping him. Still slower than I would like for a LB, but that's the life of a G5 program. Kids with all the measurables end up at P5 programs, regardless if they can play or not.

If he is playing better than let him keep it up.