The Positivity Thread

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
I wish they would do this after every game, not just wins. Particularly since the people that stay until the bitter end during loses are the die hard fans that support them through thick and thin.

Seems kind of a jerk move to give the fans a cold shoulder and go straight to the locker room after loses. I get it, I’ve had races where I got my butt handed to me big time, and the last thing I wanted was for anyone to approach me at all. But sometimes in sports it is not about yourself, it’s also about those who support you and believe in you (in this case despite 3-9, 2-10, 2-10, 3-9, 3-9, 2-10 seasons).
Any of y'all remember Nigal Pearson's last season at Texas state? I can't remember the exact details but I remember there was a hyped up game that he ended up taking an end of game shot at the buzzer for the win and missed it. He still stuck around to sign autographs and take photos with the young kids there to see him. You know it meant a lot to the kids, their parents, and I'm sure everyone who saw it.

DrumCat

Since everyone is down in the dumps about a game we were probably going to lose anyways.

• Playcalling was way better. Aggressive, risky, but calculated. The surprise onside kick was great.
  • Wide receivers finally got nasty
  • O line did okay against a stingy defense, even when Fletcher was out
  • USA wasn't a fluke for the defense, they have improved and played well enough to win the game

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
I agree with all this @DrumCat. Maybe it's because I didn't expect to win this game, or even really be competitive, but I'm not super bummed. Every loss is a disappointment for sure. I have hope we will win at least a couple more games, so there's that.

TxSt1992

We were one mistake from winning the game. The defense did a good job, holding the Troy offense to just seven points in the 2nd half. The O-Line, I thought did a decent job against one of the best defensive fronts we'll see all year. This is the first game where the receivers actually played like last year, their best game yet.
Overall the team fought hard. I was prepared for a letdown after last week's overtime win, but the team had good energy.

Brutus

M&G Collective Member
I agree with all this @DrumCat. Maybe it's because I didn't expect to win this game, or even really be competitive, but I'm not super bummed. Every loss is a disappointment for sure. I have hope we will win at least a couple more games, so there's that.
If we keep turning over the ball we won't win any games. We had a W in our sights and the "Razzle-McFrazzle show" showed up.

TxSt1992

The running game seemed to be working so Spav shifted back to the passing game.
He does this, I'm still pissed about the SMU game last year. The RBs were getting 5-10 yards/carry in this game then either last or next to last drive of the game, two yards to go on third down. Proceeds to call two passing plays in a row and turn over on downs. I'll stop since this a positivity thread and all.

Bobcat1

He does this, I'm still pissed about the SMU game last year. The RBs were getting 5-10 yards/carry in this game then either last or next to last drive of the game, two yards to go on third down. Proceeds to call two passing plays in a row and turn over on downs. I'll stop since this a positivity thread and all.
Reminds me of “Varsity Blues”, where the coach would use the RB as a workhorse to get down the field, and when they got to the redzone he would pass it to give the QB better stats so he could go to FSU. I know it’s a movie plot, but that’s what it reminded me of.

TxSt1992

We scored 28 points on the 2nd best defense in the conference, yeah we needed three more to tie it up and a touchdown to win it but still that's a rather impressive feat.

Txst12

I’m usually pretty negative in my posts around here cause well…nothing really positive to post about. So I’ll post something positive about brady mcbride at qb. He does really well using hard counts and gets defenses to jump off sides. He’s done it consistently throughout the season and 2-3 times against troy that got us some yardage and a free play or two. With that said, I’m on the evans train 100%.

franslasttwinkie

How on gawds green earth does Vegas give us 6 point favorites to ulm after them beating Troy which Spav shit the bed head to head to Troy and after they beat liberty.

Oh because we beat them handily last season and if we had a half competent coaching staff would have beat them 30 plus.

What do prior seasons matter to Vegas GSU was one of the few teams that Fran had mastered but then Spav was caught with his pants down amp gashed for around 300 rushing yards after he beat them in OT with Withers deplorable roster prior