TJ Gets a Well Deserved Extension

bigred24

I wish there was more scarcity of games in both MLB and the NBA. I think that's what makes the NFL so great is that since there are relatively few games and they're generally on the same day of the week the games are bigger events with individual wins and losses having much more meaning. Makes it a lot easier to keep up with as well.
Baseball season should be significantly cut down. 100 games max, I think even that is too much. But honestly I hate baseball so 0 games would be fine with me. Basketball should get reduced to 65 games as well. Would help with injuries forsure. The amount of back to backs and 3 games in 4 nights is too frequent.

franslasttwinkie

IMO, college baseball is only a quality experience if you're a fan of the maybe 16-50, only about half the time.
Guess we’re going to have to agree to disagree there. Rather watch #51 TXST baseball on TV or in the stands than #151 TXST MBB (somewhat respectable ranking for SBC BB) all day any day. Could be that baseball at all levels from high school all the way down to travel tournament ball is just a bigger deal in HTX and DFW than ATX and SA. Now, I really don’t care to watch any other baseball team outside the top 40.

As far as “longevity” of a program that you mentioned I think there is a pathway for Trout to punch 3-4 regional appearances in that 16-50 range if he continues to improve recruiting.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
You're not disagreeing with me there. You're not even having the same conversation.

Bobcats2011

You’ll have somewhat of a conclusion on Saturday. Feel free to check back. Even then you’re comparing AC vs 51 degees with some rain. I was there.
View attachment 6425

View attachment 6424
I was there too for Friday and Sunday games against USM. Yeah but our average is probably a little higher than that. Get a boost from opening night, and ut and TCU game last year. Should get a slight boost this year, I’d imagine A&M brings a slightly bigger crowd than showed up for TCU. Also remember some of our big games last year being during spring break. Not the case this year.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
I wonder if it would be feasible for us to hire Tarleton's coach. He's got them rolling in the absence of Billy Gillespie and should be able to get a good deal on him.

Txst12

Let TJ coach one more season to save us one less buyout year. If we are successful, win the sunbelt and go dancing, reassess after that year. If we get a replay of the last two years, then bite the bullet and fire him. What about Avery Johnson as a replacement? He’s well traveled, was decent at Alabama, made the NCAA tourney once and regularly made NIT. Wonder if we can afford him. Hes currently an analyst at CBS sports and might wanna get back into coaching.

Youdude07

Let TJ coach one more season to save us one less buyout year. If we are successful, win the sunbelt and go dancing, reassess after that year. If we get a replay of the last two years, then bite the bullet and fire him. What about Avery Johnson as a replacement? He’s well traveled, was decent at Alabama, made the NCAA tourney once and regularly made NIT. Wonder if we can afford him. Hes currently an analyst at CBS sports and might wanna get back into coaching.
I agree. Let him have one more season. It's a win win for us. He either wins and we win or if he loses you have to pay less to buy him out.