TXST vs SunBelt 2022-23

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Won two games but just getting to the quarterfinals. That happens when you stink. Would have traded these two wins to have them one of the last two years. Get Marshall on Saturday and not sure if we can score with them but enjoying the run. Guys played hard

Bullcat

The only double-digit seed remaining in the quarters - #11. Lost to Marshall 81-73 in SM on January 19. Maybe, the rims are as unfriendly to the Herd as they were to the Monarchs on Thursday.

Bullcat

Cats down to Marshall 38-37 at the half. Ceaser leads with 8. 16 of 27 from the field and 4 of 9 from 3. The style of play does not fit the Cats half-court offense, but the Cats are in the game.

Cats win 71-68. Harrell led with 17. 6-0 run over the last 1:55. The Herd went 2 for last 12 with a scoring drought of 2:13 to end the game. Sports giveth this Saturday.

The Cats will face Louisiana in the semis on Sunday in the second game of the day. Lost to the Cajuns 60-51 in SM and 82-63 in Lafayette. Maybe, the third game is a charm.

Last edited:

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Yeah up 6 twice in that half and couldn't hold onto the lead either time. Think Marshall ended the half on a 7-0 run.

In good shape though. Have to outplay them for 20 minutes here if we want to stay alive. Maybe have a few breaks bounce our way.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
And good Harrell was tonight.

Well gotta admit I didn't expect making a run to the semis (I incorrectly predicted a Marshall/JMU final). I was fairly content just getting the ODU win. 'Cats into the Final 4. I mean at this point you never know....

Little worried about fatigue setting in. Tomorrow will be game 4 in 6 days. We were short on a handful of shots in tonight's game as is. If we play Louisiana it'll be game #2 of the tourney for them and if we play GS it'll be #3 for them. That's what happens when you struggle in the regular season though so we earned this tough path.

Eat 'em the hell up.

franslasttwinkie

Think that 4th game in 5 days caught up, UL just seems to want it more and is on pace for 40 points in the half. We aren’t really a come from far behind kind of team but like 87 said it was all house money.

It was a heck of a ride and we nearly got back to .500 with one hell of a tourney. Great late season run graduates we’ll catch you on the flip side

Jecbobcat

Think that 4th game in 5 days caught up, UL just seems to want it more and is on pace for 40 points in the half. We aren’t really a come from far behind kind of team but like 87 said it was all house money.

It was a heck of a ride and we nearly got back to .500 with one hell of a tourney. Great late season run graduates we’ll catch you on the flip side
Seems a little early for that talk (unless ESPN is way behind).

Seem to be hanging in there 19-22... 6 min left in first