TXST vs SunBelt 2022-23

Bullcat

Cats win 78-75 over Coastal Carolina in Conway. Harrell led with 22. Improve to 13-16 overall and 6-10 in SBC.

WBB lead 35-25 over USA at the half in SM.
WBB win 77-57 over USA. Hood led with 21. Improve to 19-8 overall and 11-5 in SBC.

Last edited:

carmanjello325

TJ's got his money now and will just sit on his lazy ass until he's fired once his contract runs out.
this is certainly plausible since we have lost half our conference games by less than 5 points, that could def mean lazy coach. had every loss been an obliteration i guess it would mean that we just didnt have the horses. since it does seem we have the horses id suspect this is all on tj.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Silver lining: Brandon Love probably had the best game of his career tonight. Hopefully a glimpse of what he can do in the future.

We're locked into the "First 4" of the SBC tourney now. Along with Coastal, A-State, and GSU. None of us will really have much of a real chance having to win 5 games in like 6 or 7 days. We'd play GSU as of today in the first round, they've been just dreadful lately and are the 1 team we didn't play in the regular season. Regular season finale vs. USM at home Friday night first.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Knew Harrell and Ceaser were gone but I thought Drinnon had a year of eligibility remaining due to Covid year. Bummer.

Guess it makes sense though since we signed 3 this fall. I still have no clue what's going on with Elijah Kennedy though, and Gatkek too at this point also.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Knew Harrell and Ceaser were gone but I thought Drinnon had a year of eligibility remaining due to Covid year. Bummer.

Guess it makes sense though since we signed 3 this fall. I still have no clue what's going on with Elijah Kennedy though, and Gatkek too at this point also.
Drinnon should have another year of eligibility, but by doing senior day, assuming he’s moving on. Have to get a starting PG this off-season if that holds true. Davis has played off the ball and Mason is a 2 guard even enough they’ve had him running some point when Drinnon was out. Like Gumbs, but can’t expect him to start from the jump.

Poseidon

You know. When you can't make three pointers it makes it easier to stop the inside game. Cats need to find players who can hit the three. The players play extremely hard. They have not given up. Without that three point shooting the cats are just not very good.

Bullcat

Last edited:

carmanjello325

alright we finally won a game in the conference tourney…wait we have to win another game just to get back to the round we made it to the last 2 seasons when we were 1 and dones

ooof

slycat

GSU and TXST used to be a big game for getting the top seed. Now it is a whimper and afterthought. But hey at least they won a game. Now to play #6 seed ODU.

Bullcat

Cats lead ODU 32-14 at the half. Harrell leads with 12. Started the game with a 16 to 1 run.

Cats win 65-36. Harrell led with 20. It did not hurt that the Monarchs were 4 for 24 from the field in 1st half and ended 12 for 52.
Cats meet Marshall on Saturday in the third game of the day.

Georgia Southern, South Alabama, Texas State & Troy Punch Tickets To Hercules Tires Sun Belt Conference Men’s Basketball Championship Quarterfinals - Sun Belt Conference (sunbeltsports.org)

Highest seed remaining in the tournament. Nice to get redemption against ODU.

Last edited:

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Game was fairly sloppy on both sides though. Had a couple bad turnovers and refs letting things go a bit leading to some physical play and loose balls