wk6: vs James Madison

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
SE killing JMU today - 3 in their last 3 service rotations.

25-21 TXST, 2-0

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Pissing me off setting Fitz outside where they keep blocking her every time.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
10 & 15 doing all the heavy lifting again today. 29K between them. 15 has 16 on .800 :oops::oops:

23-22 JMU, TO JMU

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
25-23 JMU, 2-1 TXST

Brutally ugly long rally for the final point there.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
FINALLY a block on 15!! Caitlan and Tessa shut her down!

13-10 TXST

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Cats feeling it finally - only took 9 sets... 20-11 TXST

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Lauren Teske w/ the K to end the match and a career high 18 (!!!) on the day! I said it before last season that I thought she might be the most complete overall player and it was odd to not see her get any PT last year. Mick mentioned her issues in serve receive, so maybe HCSH can figure out a sub rotation that protects against that a bit.

Figured out that block from last night, at least enough to win. Only 9 blocks today, and 5 of them came in the 3rd when they won - not surprising.

Last edited:

geezer

Lauren has been a favorite of mine for years. Wondered why she wasn't getting more playing time.
JM must have ran out of gas finally.
Good to see a much better effort today.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
We came out with a purpose today. Loved seeing it. Seemed to lose a bit of focus in the 3rd set, but overall an impressive showing against a team that could be in the conference title discussion this season.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Did you go to the match @Josh? If not, you should get to one before the end of the season.

Was really impressed w/ JMU. Undersized and outmanned, they executed perfectly on Friday night to get a W. I think they could only win 1 way, and they did exactly what it took to make it happen.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Yep, I made both games this weekend and I caught the SHSU game a few weeks ago. I'm no VB expert, but JMU looked very solid (especially yesterday)

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I wouldn't bet on JMU making the title match, but it wouldn't shock me either. I just don't know that they've got the horses to win 3 straight vs the top of the conference. But lightning in a bottle...maybe that freshman Reid steps up and plays a real part in their offense...I could see it. Glad they're in the conference.