2024 Recruiting

Colt Golden

Hobert - yes FCS All American WR that was pretty highly rated out of HS, just underrecruited. Mahdi- no. OL run block effectiveness is what surprised me.
We finished the year 101st in run blocking (that would include wr grades as well) according to PFF. That puts us 8th in the Sun Belt and three SB teams were in top 50 well ahead of us.

I can't give Mahdi enough credit for his vision, jump cut, and bounce abilities to find holes.

The scheme of our offense had to help as well. In no way were we one dimensional (the times we tried to rely purely on the run game with big leads we struggled) and stretching defenses out (horizontally and vertically) to attack the whole field helped the run game. We had great success running the ball against light boxes. On the other hand, we struggled in the red zone at times. The condensed space allowed defenses to even up the numbers in the box.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
We finished the year 101st in run blocking (that would include wr grades as well) according to PFF. That puts us 8th in the Sun Belt and three SB teams were in top 50 well ahead of us.

I can't give Mahdi enough credit for his vision, jump cut, and bounce abilities to find holes.

The scheme of our offense had to help as well. In no way were we one dimensional (the times we tried to rely purely on the run game with big leads we struggled) and stretching defenses out (horizontally and vertically) to attack the whole field helped the run game. We had great success running the ball against light boxes. On the other hand, we struggled in the red zone at times. The condensed space allowed defenses to even up the numbers in the box.
In response to what I bolded of your comment. Absolutely. There were times I started bitching after a big play that ended up with rb/wr getting tackled inside the 10/20 as opposed to say maybe the 30-35 yard line. My wife would be so confused like “shouldn’t you be excited after that big play?” If I wasn’t 90% sure we end up with a FG at best here I would be more excited.
She doesn’t understand battered bobcat syndrome yet. But I’ll get her there one day 😂

BobcatRaider

Hobert - yes FCS All American WR that was pretty highly rated out of HS, just underrecruited.
Hobert started at Wazzu. Also I was talking up Hobert before & after he committed and the general reaction to his commitment on here was “meh”.

I like this class. It’s not as exciting as 2023 because we don’t have nearly 60 transfers. The HS guys are harder to get excited about because we want instant impact players, but I’m a fan of this smaller transfer class. We return a lot of production and I feel Kinne added some really important transfers to fill some gaps. I expect to find a couple solid QB transfers and hopefully another WR. Add a few more pieces on defense while we’re at it, and we should be one of the SBC favorites.

I’m extremely interested/anxious to see who Kinne adds at QB because obviously that determines a lot. The good news is our RB room is deep with 4 solid options.

Mpf43

Hobert started at Wazzu. Also I was talking up Hobert before & after he committed and the general reaction to his commitment on here was “meh”.

I like this class. It’s not as exciting as 2023 because we don’t have nearly 60 transfers. The HS guys are harder to get excited about because we want instant impact players, but I’m a fan of this smaller transfer class. We return a lot of production and I feel Kinne added some really important transfers to fill some gaps. I expect to find a couple solid QB transfers and hopefully another WR. Add a few more pieces on defense while we’re at it, and we should be one of the SBC favorites.

I’m extremely interested/anxious to see who Kinne adds at QB because obviously that determines a lot. The good news is our RB room is deep with 4 solid options.
Rb room has 5 solid options with the three transfers, mahdi, and pare.

franslasttwinkie

…And Josh Berry who is still sitting in the portal midway through February who I’m told by 2Cents that we’d have to write a fat NIL check to get him to withdrawal from portal…

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
“exclusive tea sip insider BMD” that has his ears pinned to the same AD source that tells BC1 of all the inner workings and backroom deals going on 🤫
You're fighting to keep Barry so bad and won't even scrape up $20 to keep him. Continue with the drunk ramblings.

franslasttwinkie

Alas a world where you think money buys artificial happiness. Keep mumbling boomer and beating your chest about your financial accomplishments (while 20 years older) while us Gen Xs and millennials foot the bill on your soon retirement all while you inflate the cost of my daycare to a ridiculous 40K/yr that would otherwise make us “well off”.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Alas a world where you think money buys artificial happiness. Keep mumbling boomer and beating your chest about your financial accomplishments (while 20 years older) while us Gen Xs and millennials foot the bill on your soon retirement all while you inflate the cost of my daycare to a ridiculous 40K/yr that would otherwise make us “well off”.
$20. I'm so well off. hahaha

Colt Golden

As a gen x'er I have been financially independent and not working. Working and broke. And now working and financially well off again. Being financially independent and not working was the best of times, nothing artificial with that happiness.

Texican

M&G Collective Member
How are they inflating the day care cost?
Also how are you paying for their retirement?

Sorry I’m lost and now will set up my M&G gifting.