Spring Game…

Bobcat1

Can’t even use the quote button properly before going on a profanity laced tirade about my personal character. And pretending like he played college athletics when he doesn’t even know the basics of pure talent. SMH.

Brandonrule10

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
We kept our biased opinion that we were getting better and that our team overall was getting more talented over the years. I was just as guilty. Reality is we didn't. We did have some talented players on our team, but overall we still were not good. I'll take a proven fcs player any day of the week (right now) over a HS prospect. Let's get winning and then focus on HS. Kinne is doing a great job of balancing that and mending the fences with Texas hs coaches and setting a foundation for recruiting down the road.
Completely agree. Have to build a foundation right now and win and become bowl eligible AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Continue mending and building relationships with TX High schools. If we stack wins (get to a >.500 record) the high school recruiting will ultimately pick up. Have to remember this is yr 1 for Kinne and staff. I like this year 1 approach and think it is going to pay dividends for the future.

Bobcat1

Completely agree. Have to build a foundation right now and win and become bowl eligible AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Continue mending and building relationships with TX High schools. If we stack wins (get to a >.500 record) the high school recruiting will ultimately pick up. Have to remember this is yr 1 for Kinne and staff. I like this year 1 approach and think it is going to pay dividends for the future.
Except for that last sentence, I mostly agree. Except the running off the lions share of the existing roster. I think we took a huge step back for years one and two.

Brandonrule10

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Except for that last sentence, I mostly agree. Except the running off the lions share of the existing roster. I think we took a huge step back for years one and two.
I still think with Kinne +OC and rest of coaching staff we will be better and be able to reach bowl eligibility this year. Some of the UIW guys had P5s going after them. Not concerned with FCS transfers coming in. With coaches who can actually put our players in situations where they actually leverage their strengths, I am hopeful we can get to .500.

I like the tweaks in offense I saw at spring game (actually pushing the ball downfield; even with the vanilla packages they were running) and I think the aggressive 3-4 man defense is going to fit WAY better in the SBC than Withers or Spavs offense or defense schemes.

Bobcat1

I still think with Kinne +OC and rest of coaching staff we will be better and be able to reach bowl eligibility this year. Some of the UIW guys had P5s going after them. Not concerned with FCS transfers coming in. With coaches who can actually put our players in situations where they actually leverage their strengths, I am hopeful we can get to .500.

I like the tweaks in offense I saw at spring game (actually pushing the ball downfield; even with the vanilla packages they were running) and I think the aggressive 3-4 man defense is going to fit WAY better in the SBC than Withers or Spavs offense or defense schemes.
All fair points. 🫡✊🏼

Mittens

So I take it you do not think Kinne will hit 4 wins this season (or even hit 5 & top the best Spav could do in any season when he was here)?

Bobcat1

So I take it you do not think Kinne will hit 4 wins this season (or even hit 5 & top the best Spav could do in any season when he was here)?
I see the ceiling as 3 this season, but likely another 2-10 and blaming it on a new roster and lack of chemistry. I agreed that winning would help high school recruiting which would in turn pay dividends down the road.

Never said I felt we’d be anywhere close to 0.500 though.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I see the ceiling as 3 this season, but likely another 2-10 and blaming it on a new roster and lack of chemistry. I agreed that winning would help high school recruiting which would in turn pay dividends down the road.

Never said I felt we’d be anywhere close to 0.500 though.
Put your money where your mouth is. I bet you they win more than 3 games.

Bobcat1

Put your money where your mouth is. I bet you they win more than 3 games.
I am putting my money where my mouth is, I’m going to all 12 games this season to help with revenue, attendance and support. What are you doing to help our Rog Ram visibility? 🧐😏

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I am putting my money where my mouth is, I’m going to all 12 games this season to help with revenue, attendance and support. What are you doing to help our Rog Ram visibility? 🧐😏
You sound rich, so $100 that TXST will win more than 3 games should be chump change.