TXST vs SunBelt 2022-23

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Definitely don’t disagree but A10, Big East, WCC (Zags) are likely going to be better. Would be nice to be consistently into the 10-12 range. Bracketology only has nine conferences getting multi-bids. Big East football programs leaving, then them taking Xavier, Creighton, Butler has made the number of conferences getting multi-bids diminish. Need to have a top 50 program and then them not win the tournament. With the money every P5 team gets, it’s going to be hard for the small programs to break that threshold
Yeah, not asking to get up to A10, WCC, or especially Big East range anytime soon. But it'd be nice to leapfrog conferences like the WAC and CUSA, who are 11th and 12th right now compared to our 14th right now in conference NET rating (CUSA arguably is worse than the SBC, but FAU is having an insane season and really helping that league a ton this year).

The switch to NET doesn't help us either, Southern Miss (league leader) currently has a 32 RPI and 59 NET rating. They look like an at-large team if RPI is the main factor but not with NET being more heavily weighted now. Also, Louisiana 41st RPI, 85th NET.

Unfortunately I think that switch to NET a few years back just furthers the issue of the number of conferences getting multi-bids diminishing.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Kind of got bailed out. What we ran was headed in the wrong direction but got fouled. Jordan Mason on the line with 4.4 seconds left down 1

Never did the entire game. They killed us with their guards getting to the rim and scoring.
That was matador defense on the last drive to the basket. Just a shameful way to lose considering the strong comeback. TJ is phoning it in now that he's been extended. He's like the coach for the Washington Generals going through the motions waiting for the Globetrotters to clown his team at the end of the game.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
So, you want the basketball program shut down? I feel like you might not be up on what's going on out there in Las Cruces.

slycat

This team seems to get worse as the season goes on. They had ugly loses all season but the wins looked like flashes of the team from the last few years. But now it is like they gave up. I used to think if they got healthy and shots hit, they could play spoilers in the postseason but now they are just bad.

This team seems to get worse as the season goes on. They had ugly loses all season but the wins looked like flashes of the team from the last few years. But now it is like they gave up. I used to think if they got healthy and shots hit, they could play spoilers in the postseason but now they are just bad.
I'm not certain how bad the team is, but the coach sure sucks. TJ's got his money now and will just sit on his lazy ass until he's fired once his contract runs out. He can't recruit, can't manage the portal, and can't make game day adjustments. In other words, he's absolutely the perfect coach for Texas State basketball.

slycat

I'm not certain how bad the team is, but the coach sure sucks. TJ's got his money now and will just sit on his lazy ass until he's fired once his contract runs out. He can't recruit, can't manage the portal, and can't make game day adjustments. In other words, he's absolutely the perfect coach for Texas State basketball.
I don't know about that. Wasn't this recruiting class hailed by many on here. Sykes was exciting. He did recruit that other kid that switched to a Mississippi P5 program and is good there. The Florida transfers seem meh though.

You keep calling him lazy without providing evidence. Maybe he is but that is a big claim to make without support.