Search results

1. BobcatRaider

2024 Roster - Scholarship Counting

I currently have the scholarship count at 75 for next year, meaning we are working with 10 more spots. Please feel free to correct anything you see that appears inaccurate and I'll update the list accordingly. Obviously this list is fluid and will have many changes before the start of the...
  2. BobcatRaider

The Transfer Portal Changed The Game

I was thinking about how South Alabama blew out Oklahoma State & Texas State beat Baylor, and it made me curious to look into the battle between those two conferences over the years. Since 2019, the Sun Belt & Big 12 are 7-7 vs. each other. Prior to 2019, the Big 12 had won 21 straight...
  3. BobcatRaider

Twitter Tracking

I keep posting noteworthy Twitter followings from the past 24 hours, so I'm going to keep a running thread going as Kinne builds his staff and recruits. These are all his notable follows since he accepted the job - Noteworthy Coaches: Aaron Fletcher - Arizona State DBs coach, previously DB...
  4. BobcatRaider

Potential UIW Transfers

Unfortunately it looks like the majority of UIW’s impressive offense is out of eligibility after this season. The good news is that the vast majority of their playmakers were transfers, so Kinne should be able to work the portal again to make his offense run. I am less intrigued at the thought...
  5. BobcatRaider

Football Scoop - Spavital Is Out

https://footballscoop.com/news/jake-spavital-will-not-return-at-texas-state
  6. BobcatRaider

What Players Has Johnson Recruited?

Terrence Johnson has been one of the VERY few promising things about watching TXST athletics the last couple years, but what players did he actually bring into the program on the last two rosters vs. inherit from his predecessor? The portal had an insane amount of talent this past off season and...
  7. BobcatRaider

TXST vs. WAZZOU

Anyone watching? Looks like it’s on PAC 12 Network. Might need to do a Fubo TV free trial.
  8. BobcatRaider

UH vs. SMU

91 first half points between the teams and 8 first have TDs for Tanner Mordecai. This game is hilarious. I previously suggested Doug Belk (UH DC) as a possible Spav replacement. I retract that statement.
  9. BobcatRaider

What Record Keeps Spav Retained?

IMO the worst possible outcome for this season is Texas State finishing with 4-6 wins and the administration feeling like that’s enough to give Spav more time. To me, it’s simple. He’s not going to work out here, and keeping him beyond 2022 is just delaying the inevitable and prolonging a...
  10. BobcatRaider

Something I Hadn’t Thought About…

… potentially losing Coach Johnson. I could see some bigger programs passing on him given his lack of experience and technically all of his success has come with Danny’s players. Nevertheless, he appears to be a hit and I hope we can retain him. I was excited to see big time CBB media tweeting...
  11. BobcatRaider

Over 4.5 Wins

I’m sure it’s been discussed but I’ve been absent here lately with the move back to Austin and settling in at the new job. How are y’all feeling about this season? As per usual, I’m worried about the trenches, but it appears we don’t need to worry about Peeler’s WR depth. :rolleyes: It’s about...
  12. BobcatRaider

App State

Looking like Ass State. 0-15 from three so far in the first half vs. Norfolk. I remember these same douchebags shooting lights out vs. TXST. I hate basketball sometimes. Full disclosure, I’m pissed because I took App -3.5.
  13. BobcatRaider

Rough Night

... to be a fan of Texas State & Texas Tech. Sadly, with 3 minutes to go in both games I knew both of my teams were going to shit the bed. Good showing for TXST but you cannot play “not to lose”. Run your f***ing gamelan that had been working for 3 full quarters. Spav clearly improved this...
  14. BobcatRaider

Kaspar Out

Probably best, even if the allegations were bs. Perception is reality, especially in 2020.
  15. BobcatRaider

Analyzing TXST & UTSA's Depth Charts By Average Recruit Rating

I used 247's Composite Rating system because it takes an average of all of the recruiting services. This is a flawed metric for determining how good a player is/will be, but it's interesting to look at nonetheless. I am going to try to put one together for each SBC opponent before we play them...
  16. BobcatRaider

SMU Lurkers

Apparently we have some SMU lurkers, so welcome to M&G. Although you're laughing at @Bobcat1's prediction, the vast majority of us are pretty realistic about where we stand this season. To fill you in a little about the changes to our team since last year, we added - QB Brady McBride (Memphis)...
  17. BobcatRaider

Georgia State QB Out For Season...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rdo-out-condition-linked-covid-19/5617524002/ He's not the starter. Hope this doesn't hurt the chances of having a football season.
  18. BobcatRaider

2020 Offers & Commits

The previous thread was awfully long and very off topic. I figured I would start a new thread and organize everything into one post. I will update accordingly as things transpire. 2020 Commits Position Class of 2020 Commits Offers Out of High School & Juco Combined Former School RB Brock...