2020 Commitments

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ManAboutTown

I don't understand how we aren't at least beating ULL in recruiting. I've been to Lafayette and driven through on I10 several times. They literally have nothing to sell recruits on. Not to mention that Napier's first class that was 1st in the Belt was built while they weren't good and were on a downward trajectory. So, you can't say "well they win, so recruits want to go there."

In my opinion, we have been under performing in recruiting since the move up and that's a huge reason we have under performed on the field. We had one class in 2017 under Withers that I would consider on par with what we should expect every year, but outside of that class, we haven't done anything.
Looks like there's a lot that you don't understand...

Lafayette is an incredible place to live, raise kids, make a living and enjoy collegiate athletics. Best people in the world, best food in the world, most unique culture remaining in the United States.

Not sure why you guys are worried about our city. You should be focused on the fact that you've never beaten us in your program's history. Epic failure from the top level down to the GAs. Sorry not sorry.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
Looks like there's a lot that you don't understand...

Lafayette is an incredible place to live, raise kids, make a living and enjoy collegiate athletics. Best people in the world, best food in the world, most unique culture remaining in the United States.

Not sure why you guys are worried about our city. You should be focused on the fact that you've never beaten us in your program's history. Epic failure from the top level down to the GAs. Sorry not sorry.
It has some great people amazing food, but don't lie to yourself. It can be a pretty dangerous place. It's roads are terrible, the city planning is terrible, the job opportunities are terrible, the public schools are terrible. My family is from Louisiana and my best friends went to ULL. ULL is a fine school and there are great parts about Lafayette but here are terrible parts too. It doesn't even come close to the beauty and charm of San Marcos or the surrounding Central Texas cities like Austin and San Antonio.

M

ManAboutTown

It has some great people amazing food, but don't lie to yourself. It can be a pretty dangerous place. It's roads are terrible, the city planning is terrible, the job opportunities are terrible, the public schools are terrible. My family is from Louisiana and my best friends went to ULL. ULL is a fine school and there are great parts about Lafayette but here are terrible parts too. It doesn't even come close to the beauty and charm of San Marcos or the surrounding Central Texas cities like Austin and San Antonio.
There is no such school as ULL, so you're already proving to be a liar. My hunch is, you're some bitter Ruston loser that migrated south. Maybe a Lake Chuck, not sure yet. I've been all over San Marcos, and actually like the campus, but you people act like it's San Francisco. Get over yourselves.

Lafayette, like all cities, has it's issues, but it is one of the safest cities in America, one of the wealthiest per capita and again, culture is unrivaled. National publications write about it all of the time.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
There is no such school as ULL, so you're already proving to be a liar. My hunch is, you're some bitter Ruston loser that migrated south. Maybe a Lake Chuck, not sure yet. I've been all over San Marcos, and actually like the campus, but you people act like it's San Francisco. Get over yourselves.

Lafayette, like all cities, has it's issues, but it is one of the safest cities in America, one of the wealthiest per capita and again, culture is unrivaled. National publications write about it all of the time.

lol

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
With a crime rate of 54 per one thousand residents, Lafayette has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 19. Within Louisiana, more than 88% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Lafayette.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor

It was ULL in the sunbelt until just 2 years ago. There are state laws that prevent you from calling the University of Lousiana, You are the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

You convinced the sunbelt to call you Lousiana (because you would get in trouble if you went by UL), you are branded as Lousiana, but I promise you the diplomas still say University of Lousiana at Lafayette ... ULL

M

ManAboutTown

The school's website literally says "University of Louisiana at Lafayette" right at the top
I know reading is hard, but ULL and The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is not the same thing.
Again, like UT-Austin, Louisiana-Lafayette refers to the academic institution. Louisiana is the school's branded athletic name. (Louisiana Ragin Cajuns - Like Texas Longhorns)

M

ManAboutTown

It was ULL in the sunbelt until just 2 years ago. There are state laws that prevent you from calling the University of Lousiana, You are the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

You convinced the sunbelt to call you Lousiana (because you would get in trouble if you went by UL), you are branded as Lousiana, but I promise you the diplomas still say University of Lousiana at Lafayette ... ULL
Like I said, only a bitter, crab in a barrel alum of another LA school would refuse to understand what the law says. You people are insufferable.
Nobody said we are using The University of Louisiana, genius. UT-Austin (Texas Longhorns for Athletics) = Louisiana-Lafayette (Louisiana Ragin Cajuns for Athletics). Is this really that hard?

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
Like I said, only a bitter, crab in a barrel alum of another LA school would refuse to understand what the law says. You people are insufferable.
Nobody said we are using The University of Louisiana, genius. UT-Austin (Texas Longhorns for Athletics) = Louisiana-Lafayette (Louisiana Ragin Cajuns for Athletics). Is this really that hard?

I'm on a bobcat football forum. I'm a bobcat.

In 1999, the University of Southwestern Louisiana became the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and Northeast Louisiana University became the University of Louisiana at Monroe, based on legislation passed in 1995.[4] UL policy requires both school's abbreviated names to include the municipality, precluding the use of "UL" alone.[4] In 2013, Woodley stated that the policy does not address stand-alone usage of "Louisiana" including within athletics, where usage of particular monikers and acronyms became a point of contention.

It's debatable. y'all might be Lousiana but only in so far as athletics, and only to skirt legislation that was very clearly designed to keep you from using that branding.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
I hate when people ignore us and call us TSU instead of TXST. If they want to be called Louisiana, I have no problem with calling them what they want to be called.

M

ManAboutTown

I'm on a bobcat football forum. I'm a bobcat.

In 1999, the University of Southwestern Louisiana became the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and Northeast Louisiana University became the University of Louisiana at Monroe, based on legislation passed in 1995.[4] UL policy requires both school's abbreviated names to include the municipality, precluding the use of "UL" alone.[4] In 2013, Woodley stated that the policy does not address stand-alone usage of "Louisiana" including within athletics, where usage of particular monikers and acronyms became a point of contention.

It's debatable. y'all might be Lousiana but only in so far as athletics, and only to skirt legislation that was very clearly designed to keep you from using that branding.
You can spin it however you want. The bottom line is, we are nationally recognized by our branding. Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. It's pretty sad and mostly hilarious how petty people have become about what a school calls it's athletic program.

M

ManAboutTown

I hate when people ignore us and call us TSU instead of TXST. If they want to be called Louisiana, I have no problem with calling them what they want to be called.
Thank you! I will never disrespect athletic programs in that way, because of what we've had to endure. Several schools in this conference have changed their branding over the years and we have always obliged. It's the right thing to do. And btw, WHO CARES what athletic programs call themselves people?!

LABest

Louisiana Lafayette is the academic institution. Athletics wise, university of Louisiana. It was approved by the state legislature as well as every institution in the state AND the Sun Belt Conference, Including Ugly Little Minion. Just call them Louisiana and move on. They’re gonna wipe the floor with TSU anyways.

LABest

TXST hasn’t come close to beating Louisiana since the inception of the series. Trust me when I say it won’t start now. They even named their RB Corps “Run TMC”. They’re gonna “Run TMC” all over that high school level defense.

BobcatRaider

TXST hasn’t come close to beating Louisiana since the inception of the series. Trust me when I say it won’t start now. They even named their RB Corps “Run TMC”. They’re gonna “Run TMC” all over that high school level defense.
We're all very impressed.

If you've read literally any post regarding this game, you would see that no one here expects us to win, so I'm not sure why you decided to show up and beat your little chests.

It's a shame the game isn't in San Marcos. It would be a nice getaway for your players from that crime riddled town. "One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 19." Sheesh, stay safe y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.