2020 Commitments

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevaklav

Not going to post all the links but just saw on Twitter we've offered about 10 JUCO kids in the last day or two. Mostly a couple o-line, LBs, and CBs.

Hopefully they start committing!

carmanjello325

Hopefully they start committing!
...just curious what would you say that their basis for committing right now to US would be?

Let me help you out... we have only 3 notable JC offers out there to uncommitted recruits

WR (2) Drue Jackson (offers Boise, Tulsa, ULM) Trae Shropshire (Utah St, WKU, ULL offers) Xavier Hutchinson (committed ISU) Gregory Clayton (committed UTSA)

OT (0) Mose Jeffery (committed Baylor

LB (0) Jabar Triplette (committed Arizona)

CB (1) Marco Domio (committed Auburn), Jakorian Bennett (offfers Louisville, Maryland, SMU, UH, Utah St)

Last edited:

BobcatRaider

...just curious what would you say that their basis for committing right now would be?

Let me help you out... we have only 3 notable JC offers out there to uncommitted recruits

We have offered Hutchinson CC DB Justin Gardner, Hutchinson CC DB Jakorian Bennett, Trinity Valley CC OT Makai Hart, Navarro JC DB Brendon Luper, Navarro JC DB Tray Bishop, NE Oklahoma DE Quinton Lee, Fort Scott CC LB Malik Robinson, Tyler JC DB Grid Isidore, Mesquite Horn OL Monte Williams, and Butler CC LB Charlie Gray, all in the last few days. Every one of our coaches have started to follow dozens of other JUCOs on Twitter, so I expect many more to be offered. Keep up

Last edited:

carmanjello325

We have offered Hutchinson CC DB Justin Gardner, Hutchinson CC DB Jakorian Bennett, Trinity Valley CC OT Makai Hart, Navarro JC DB Brendon Luper, Navarro JC DB Tray Bishop, NE Oklahoma DE Quinton Lee, Fort Scott CC LB Malik Robinson, Tyler JC DB Grid Isidore, Mesquite Horn OL Monte Williams, and Butler CC LB Charlie Gray, all in the last few days. Every one of our coaches have started to follow dozens of other JUCOs on Twitter, so I expect many more to be offered. Keep up
Justin Gardner -- (not ranked but with WKU offer anyway)
Jakorian Bennett--(offers Louisville, Maryland, SMU, UH, Utah St)
Makai Hart ???
Brendon Luper ???
Tray Bishop-- not ranked but with TCU offer
Quinton Lee-- not ranked but with directional CMU and EMU offers
Malik Robinson--not ranked but with UH offer
Grid Isidore--not ranked
Monte Williams-- not ranked
Charlie Gray ???

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
...just curious what would you say that their basis for committing right now to US would be?

as your own reply points out, you were wrong.

as to why people would commit. Well no matter how bad we get we are still D1 and Still close to home / a good location for a lot of people. Given the choice between 3 shitty schools ... our shitty school isn't in the middle of nowhere in the midwest where you have to practice in the snow.

BobcatRaider

Justin Gardner -- (not ranked but with WKU offer anyway)
Jakorian Bennett--(offers Louisville, Maryland, SMU, UH, Utah St)
Makai Hart ???
Brendon Luper ???
Tray Bishop-- not ranked but with TCU offer
Quinton Lee-- not ranked but with directional CMU and EMU offers
Malik Robinson--not ranked but with UH offer
Grid Isidore--not ranked
Monte Williams-- not ranked
Charlie Gray ???
Let me help you out since you seem to be struggling.

Justin Gardner - Started at Oregon State. Has offers from WKU, Akron, Texas State, and NMSU
Jakorian Bennett- long shot, tons of offers
Makai Hart - offers from TXST, SHSU, Lamar, Northwestern State, UAPB, Illinois State, Nicholls, and UIW. FCS is not ideal but better than nothing.
Brendon Luper - TXST is his first offer but he is tearing it up statistically at Navarro
Tray Bishop - TCU offer, worse stats at Navarro than Luper but still impressive
Quinton Lee - Are we any better than his 2 directional Michigan offers? The kid now holds 3 G5 offers. That's more than every starter we have on offense this year.
Malik Robinson - Started at UNC with offers all over the country out of high school. Current offers from TXST and Houston.
Monte Williams - HS kid who had 8 FCS offers, and was offered by TXST and NMSU yesterday. I expect more FBS schools to offer.
Charlie Gray - Offers from TXST, Akron, Marshall, Liberty, NMSU, and others. Are you expecting better than this?

Anyone who has been following my posts on this board knows I am very far from an optimist with this team, but what exactly are you expecting with this recruiting class? This is exactly what the coaches need to be doing, and these recruits don't seem to be scrubs as you are insinuating. Do yourself a favor and stop looking at star ratings. Rivals & 247 only rate a kid who they have evaluated, and that does not happen as frequently at the JUCO level. It is also a lot more of a crapshoot for G5 level high school kids because the recruiting sites are far less concerned about accurately evaluating them. The best indication of a solid recruit is the number of offers from quality schools, and that is not a guarantee either.

All of the recruits above, except for maybe Luper, look better on paper than David Mayo did coming out of JUCO. His only offer was from TXST.

Last edited:

carmanjello325

It seems others are extremely concerned with the "smoke and mirror" recruiting tactics as well..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This staff is unbelievably underwhelming on the trail so far. Failed to capitalize on new hire hype in the spring, invisible on social media, and none of the uncommitted kids offered are even halfway decent. Striking out on HS *and* juco kids is going to be a bitter pill come Feb</p>&mdash; jiminytriskit (@jiminytriskit) <a href=" ">October 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BobcatRaider

I'm glad you have a couple chuckleheads on Twitter to agree with you.

I'm not thrilled with how recruiting has gone to this point, but considering there are nearly 4 full months until National Signing Day, I'm willing to be rational and wait to pass judgement. As thevaklav said, hopefully these kids start committing to the good guys soon.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
It's also worth adding that our positions of most dire need we already have commitments. We have 3 inside linebackers, a DT, and an OT. Remember that we got Brady for next year. We have some great young corners playing as true freshman, and some great fresman skill positions on offense. They don't really need to knock it out of the park with recruitment this year, just fill the gaps and get the offense working.

Go back and look at how bad ULs recruitment was when they got their new coach. Terrible, but here they are.

Marcato

I love that we're trying to get the defensive units we need to fill the gaps that will be left behind by this year's graduating class.

But personally I'd love if we could pick up one or two JUCO or transfer receivers so that we know for sure we'll have good targets for Brady next year. Don't get me wrong, I like the receivers we have now, but they're still young and it might be another year or two before they're really showing us what they're capable of.

Bobkat34

Fact is we must go older with less than impactful to take over for Brewer, White, London, Daniels, Davis, any of senior safeties.... its is a MUST.

I have been concerned since summer/August on the recruiting front but it seems they have decided to wait and go JC due to needs on OL, LB, and S. Makes sense to me. I'd really like it if say 4-5 of the JCs we get are spring enrollees.

We'll sign 8-9 FR to go with 8-9 JC/grad transfers.

Bobcat1

Fact is we must go older with less than impactful to take over for Brewer, White, London, Daniels, Davis, any of senior safeties.... its is a MUST.

I have been concerned since summer/August on the recruiting front but it seems they have decided to wait and go JC due to needs on OL, LB, and S. Makes sense to me. I'd really like it if say 4-5 of the JCs we get are spring enrollees.

We'll sign 8-9 FR to go with 8-9 JC/grad transfers.

I’m going to venture the recruiting strategy was by design to see what kind of team Spav was inheriting and then use the double bye weeks to hit the trail hard for future needs. The offers they sent out these past few weeks were extremely targeted for positional needs in 2020 instead of a “wish list” of available talent. By this time of the season the coaching staff knows who they can redshirt, who they WILL redshirt, who’s interested in our program, etc etc etc. A lot of behind the scenes moving parts that we’re usually not privy to.

Status
Not open for further replies.