2023 Recruiting: Offers, Commits, De-Commits, etc.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Looks to be a solid add. Didn’t start the first two games for Army but then started all after that. Much needed shooter only going four games without making one but not just a 3 point shooter it seems as he got to the FT line 91 times. Like that he joins the sophomore class with Sykes and Mason. I’m pretty bullish on those two.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I don’t mind the Davis departure at all. Was a questionable add but then he went off the first game or two and was thinking maybe something there. Then was last in the rotation come conference. Can upgrade that scholly spot or bring in a guy with potential

BobcatRaider

Coaches are following a lot of the top D2 transfers. I guess they’re hoping to mimic what UNT found in Kai Huntsberry.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I’m niavely keeping Drinnon on right now. Should have 2 spots, 3 if Drinnon is indeed gone.

PG- Drinnon Sr* - Gumbs Fr
G- Benson So - Horne Jr
W - Mason So - Dawson Sr - Tate Jr
F - Morgan Sr* - Sykes So
P- Martin Sr - Love Jr

BobcatRaider

Coaches are following a lot of the top D2 transfers. I guess they’re hoping to mimic what UNT found in Kai Huntsberry.
I made this comment because Dylan Johnson started following all the top D2 transfers, among many other portal guys. To follow up, something I found interesting - TXST MBB main basketball IG account, only follows 133 accounts. Their most recent follows are D2 prospects Jaylen Wells (6’6” SF, avg 23 PPG as a sophomore at Sonoma State) & Rich Byhre (6’8” PF, avg 18/8 as a junior at Rockhurst). They both follow TXST back on IG as well.

One D2 kid Johnson follows on Twitter & vice versa is Akuel Kot. Arguably the best D2 player in the country. He’ll attract bigger programs after scoring 25 PPG and winning a ton of awards, but he’s a Texas kid. Wells or Kot would be great gets despite the lower level. FWIW, Kai Huntsberry averaged 19/4/4 in D2 before going to UNT. His defense is superb for a guard though.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
???

Shot 81% from FT line. 11.6 PPG isn't bad at all for a true freshman (not sure if you're implying anything positive or negative by stating it). And this guy was brought in to shoot. Cause we essentially have no shooters on the roster.

If you meant sub 50% FG% that doesn't bother me at all considering 71% of his shots were 3s.

carmanjello325

something tells me it would have been a good idea for tj to have won this year and won big. now all the best players are gone and we have nothing to sell any recruits who would be a better replacement