2023 Recruiting: Offers, Commits, De-Commits, etc.

BobcatRaider

Outgoing:
Harrell
Ceaser
Martin
Davis
Gatkek
Coleman

Staying (for now):
1. Drinnion (I think he has a year left but hard to tell)
2. Morgan
3. Mason
4. Dawson
5. Love
6. Sykes

Committed/Signed:
7. Kaden Gumbs - HS
8. Elijah Tate - JUCO
9. Dontae Horne - JUCO
10. Coleton Benon - portal

If the above is accurate, and it probably isn’t, then we have 3 spots remaining for the portal/JUCO.

BobcatRaider

I know I won’t shut up about it but taking Elijah Tate, who is the 4th leading scorer for South Plains JUCO (8.4 ppg, 38% FG), and Dontae Horne, who is the 3rd leading scorer for Howard JUCO (11.5 ppg, 39% FG, 27% 3PT) seems extremely irresponsible. Even if these guys turn out to be good defensive players, there’s zero doubt you could’ve found better prospects in the portal, or even other JUCO kids.

Horne at least garnered some attention from other somewhat respectable programs and his defensive stats are promising. I can’t find any other offers for state and his defensive numbers were pedestrian. Regardless, consider me skeptical of Johnson’s ability to build a roster. Hope he proves me wrong in the portal and I’m forced to eat crow.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Martin’s departure is a surprise to me. Thought he was improving each year and looked forward to him next season. Interested to see where he lands

BobcatRaider

Christian Turner
View attachment 4631

Troy’s 8th leading scorer as a 3rd year sophomore. Solid rebounder though. With seemingly only 2 more spots remaining, they need to aim for the fences. We need starters.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member