Bobcat Stadium Renovation

stallionjockey

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
That last graph is alarming. Gotta figure out more fundraising but leave my cheapish/affordable beer alone
Or just don’t have absolute shit concessions wait times and make sure people can get a hot dog and a coke and not miss half the game.
Also, put a damn entrance to the main fan store from inside the stadium…who the hell designed that? You can’t get to the shop without going out a gate…stupid.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Or just don’t have absolute shit concessions wait times and make sure people can get a hot dog and a coke and not miss half the game.
Also, put a damn entrance to the main fan store from inside the stadium…who the hell designed that? You can’t get to the shop without going out a gate…stupid.
Wait is that still open?! I’m not sure if I’ve been in that since first 1-2nd year that opened up.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Yep, it’s there. It’s a decent selection a lot of times. I mean for what we have available anyway…
Is it only open during game day or all the time? Yeah we really need more options. Definitely need a bigger gold collection. Especially when we travel to college station in 27 I think it is.
I’ve started just buying bland polos/button ups and taking them to creeds and crests so I can get what I want at a cheaper price. Definitely have to do that for the kiddos. Had pullovers made for them for the bowl game. $28 for maroon pullover from jcpennys and another $10 a pop to sew in the supercat.

stallionjockey

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Is it only open during game day or all the time? Yeah we really need more options. Definitely need a bigger gold collection. Especially when we travel to college station in 27 I think it is.
I’ve started just buying bland polos/button ups and taking them to creeds and crests so I can get what I want at a cheaper price. Definitely have to do that for the kiddos. Had pullovers made for them for the bowl game. $28 for maroon pullover from jcpennys and another $10 a pop to sew in the supercat.
I think just on game days but I don’t live in SanMo anymore, so only times I’m there is on game days lol.
That’s a great idea about C&C, I need to look into that next time we are down instead of dropping $200 in Barefoot or Academy…

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
I think just on game days but I don’t live in SanMo anymore, so only times I’m there is on game days lol.
That’s a great idea about C&C, I need to look into that next time we are down instead of dropping $200 in Barefoot or Academy…
Oh yeah I’m guilty of going to all three, my wife would say I have a problem. But a polo at C&C is $35 and button up/dress shirts are $50. I’ll go to sm to go to one store or pick up order from C&C and end up poking my head in the other stores while I’m there. Here are some pics of some recent hauls I’ve either bought from C&C or custom ordered through them. They can order the shirts for you or bring in your own. And it supports local business and an Alum. Had the kids go up to the lady that runs in at the bowl game and thank her for making them bobcat pullovers to match daddy.

Attachments

franslasttwinkie

Wonder just how far behind the whole project is running in actuality. Figured they would at least have had the foundation laid in the near future. They may get the weight room in by Labor Day but the rooftop seating area may linger well after the season finale next season which means the new site of the Katzengarten will likely miss another season.

Jive Turkey

M&G Gift Contributor
Wonder just how far behind the whole project is running in actuality. Figured they would at least have had the foundation laid in the near future. They may get the weight room in by Labor Day but the rooftop seating area may linger well after the season finale next season which means the new site of the Katzengarten will likely miss another season.
Est. Completion Date is March 2025. I haven’t seen the CDs and I don’t know what the contractor’s delivery method is, but I’d expect foundation to be poured within 2 months with ideal weather.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
Est. Completion Date is March 2025. I haven’t seen the CDs and I don’t know what the contractor’s delivery method is, but I’d expect foundation to be poured within 2 months with ideal weather.
I posted them somewhere in this thread a while back I want to say. 2 months from initial ground breaking would have been acceptable. Definitely feels like we’re way behind that

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
This seems way behind. And moving way slow. CoSM is not the easiest to appease in permitting process which is ridiculous they (a local muni) holding up state owned land project that greatly benefits the university. If that’s how they’re going to act, I’d say it’s time to start the eminent domain process on the section 8 housing complex behind the stadium. Need that, the Englebrook apartments, and the RBFCU so we can compete a full athletics complex between Thorpe and Aquarena.

B

Bakertxst04

This seems way behind. And moving way slow. CoSM is not the easiest to appease in permitting process which is ridiculous they (a local muni) holding up state owned land project that greatly benefits the university. If that’s how they’re going to act, I’d say it’s time to start the eminent domain process on the section 8 housing complex behind the stadium. Need that, the Englebrook apartments, and the RBFCU so we can compete a full athletics complex between Thorpe and Aquarena.
This topic has come up a lot, I'm paraphrasing from memory what a member of the old board who worked for CoSM had told us:

The problem is that we (Texas State) would need to build additional housing within a reasonable distance of the housing we would ED. It has to be close to major thoroughfairs as well as reasonable distance to a grocery store. Also, because it's rent controlled, we (the state and Texas State) would either not make any profit or lose a signifcant amount of money over a very long period of time. We would basically need a donor with resources closer to those of Jerry Jones than any of the donors we have worked with thus far.

If I had say, $54 billon to spend on a vanity project to make people like me, I would buy out the HEB, the S8 housing, and the Englebrook Apts. Heck, lets move the shopping center with the dentist and the Cici's pizza while we're at it.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
I talked to Don about it during the season. He basically said they've tried to work out logistics multiple times. He said it's not happening.

It's more than money.
It has to be close to major thoroughfairs as well as reasonable distance to a grocery store.
This is the main issue. There are other criteria too. I think it has to be a certain distance from the city center, medical, etc.

Bobcats2011

M&G Collective Member
This topic has come up a lot, I'm paraphrasing from memory what a member of the old board who worked for CoSM had told us:

The problem is that we (Texas State) would need to build additional housing within a reasonable distance of the housing we would ED. It has to be close to major thoroughfairs as well as reasonable distance to a grocery store. Also, because it's rent controlled, we (the state and Texas State) would either not make any profit or lose a signifcant amount of money over a very long period of time. We would basically need a donor with resources closer to those of Jerry Jones than any of the donors we have worked with thus far.

If I had say, $54 billon to spend on a vanity project to make people like me, I would buy out the HEB, the S8 housing, and the Englebrook Apts. Heck, lets move the shopping center with the dentist and the Cici's pizza while we're at it.

View attachment 6302
Got it, so we ED the heb taking away the close grocery store and get them to relocate on their own. Forget about the dentist since that’s one little strip surrounded by TxSt property.
Cicis can stay, cheap drunk food for the students lol.

So basically have to wait until those start falling apart and city desires cheaper to sell and relocate than demo and rebuild