Bobcat Stadium Renovation

Bobcat1

I hope the rumor is true. I've been saying we need that space for years. There was a thread about it too where I posted a map showing that we could move all sports facilities to that location and create a true sports complex.

However, not sure that it's going to happen. When I spoke with Don last season, he told me it wasn't going to happen. It wasn't even a money issue. There's just so much red tape in acquiring government housing. You can't just buy them out. You have to find an alternative location too. It has to be a certain proximity to the city center, grocery stores, etc.
Yeah, I tried to counter with those points but he was adamant it was a done deal. I was hoping it was true and the scenario he said seemed plausible.

I brought up the grocery store objection, as well as the government services and he said with Target being close by and the new utility building off McCarty extension, they already had the workaround to those issues.

Tw_FatCat

Do you think they get it done by the start of the season?
I wouldn't know for sure. I could see the bulk of it being done and being able to be used with some work still needed. That's a tight schedule. I don't think impossible

Will it appear complete by season? I think they could pull that off.

Tw_FatCat

The foundation and site prep is one of the longer periods of the construction. The next steps will fly by assuming the weather holds and labor/materials are available

So good chance... Especially because it's only one story
Having massive expensive electrical packages can be quite time consuming.
Site prep with little underground such as this should be blazingly fast.