Bobcat Stadium Renovation

Fiefdom

@Fiefdom
This Project Status Report - March 2024 lists two separate baseball additions - Pitching labs and Clubhouse
The "Baseball club house" was listed at 9.9Mil, did it get scaled back to 8 Mil?
Any indication if the 2 Mil for the Pitching Labs have been secured or is that also lacking?
If was just an afterthought in regards to our conversation, so no clarification, but I would believe the latest report that shows the cost going up instead of down.

The $2M looks smaller now that the new estimate is $10M.

Come on Goldy, drop a million and support the program.

stallionjockey

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
The fact Goldy hasn’t just dropped $4m and covered half the thing kinda pisses me off. Did Teis fuck up the relationship with Goldy too where he doesn’t want anything to do with the school now (other than some signed stuff for auctions)? Guy has made $170m in his career but we can’t get him to give 1 or 2 million?

franslasttwinkie

Guy has made $170m in his career but we can’t get him to give 1 or 2 million?
Surely he has some endorsements, merch royalties and sponsors on top of that $ as well and maybe some paid appearances at events. Can’t imagine how badly that 170 million gets taxed though. Didn’t someone post on here they suspected either he was more of an academic donor or was donating some to U Phoenix while he was with D Backs?

Think Taxi may have mentioned he suspected he was a silent donor somewhere in the AD, through I’m not sure what proof there was.

slycat

He and his wife were both athletes here. Wish they give back in a big way. I was the one that mentioned his U of P donation. I looked it up again.

He gave $180k to the Phoenix Children's Hospital to fund the new Center for cancer and Blood Donors.

For U of P it says they both graduated from there and funded three full tuition scholarships to that school.

franslasttwinkie

At the end of the day Paul has to be one of the most successful and richest G5 players of any sport that are still playing a professional sport right now, 2nd probably to only Josh Allen who is set to hit $285MM in career earnings by the end of his 2028 contract.
Edit: I’ll include Steph Curry at the top spot who graduated from Davidson (a school that has had far more MBB success than anyone in SBC) who at the time played in SoCon conference.

It’ll be interesting to see if Allen bankrolls Wyoming, probably not.

Last edited:

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
How dare y’all want the millionaires to pitch in when us folks who graduated from TXST under every financial burden to a normal middle class salary are expected to donate to the Alumni Association, Bobcat club, NIL, and continue to buy tickets to make this thing run.

Last edited:

Simbo0722

One would hope Goldy would want to contribute to the University, but it has to be in his heart to help the baseball program. Yes, he has made a lot of cash throughout his great career and maybe if he was approached by the right person he would consider donating to his university. Texas State may have to name the baseball field or the new facility after him. Just a thought.

franslasttwinkie

If he wants to float a check cross sports to find the vacant land required to fund and build a quality indoor practice field he can have naming rights to Bobcat Ballpark/Field, BCS/Jim Wacker Field and Strahan/Jowers.

He did pop his head in to do the 2022 narration of the 2022 baseball regional hype video so my guess he is in a “wait and see approach with sustained success” before he goes all in with big money.

CFOPhiCat

The fact Goldy hasn’t just dropped $4m and covered half the thing kinda pisses me off. Did Teis fuck up the relationship with Goldy too where he doesn’t want anything to do with the school now (other than some signed stuff for auctions)? Guy has made $170m in his career but we can’t get him to give 1 or 2 million?
I seem to remember reading somewhere - sorry I do not recall where - that Goldschmidt was prepared to donate a large sum, but the donation was tied to something about his degree. Apparently he did not graduate and wanted the degree in lieu of the donation. The Bun put the kibosh on the deal and Goldschmidt was and remains pissed. I don’t know if there is any truth to this or not.

Bobcats2011

I seem to remember reading somewhere - sorry I do not recall where - that Goldschmidt was prepared to donate a large sum, but the donation was tied to something about his degree. Apparently he did not graduate and wanted the degree in lieu of the donation. The Bun put the kibosh on the deal and Goldschmidt was and remains pissed. I don’t know if there is any truth to this or not.
I believe it. Never heard anything about it before this but I would believe it 100%. KDamp would probably do that in a heart beat and I would hope they would reach out to him.
meh could easily bank roll that hole thing, or better yet double up and have architects go back to the drawing board

Bobcat1

It’s baffling that the big time people (Goldy, Strait, Sheridan to name a few) remain strangely distant to all things TXST.

However, it wasn’t that long ago that Foster kept TXST at arms length until he retired. But he eventually came home. Maybe Goldy just wants to keep his focus locally (I.e. St. Louis) until he’s done playing. I honestly could see him buying a ranch in the Hill Country and then becoming more involved then after he hangs them up. Which is quickly approaching given his performance on my fantasy team last year and his rankings on predraft boards this year. 😅

Bobcat1

Looks like TxSt purchased (allegedly) the government housing next to Bobcat stadium, and residents will be slowly relocated to a new housing complex as their leases run out. Haven’t been able to find anything confirming the acquisition yet online.

So y’all can include those in the maps for future expansion on parking, indoor facility or new baseball & football offices.

Tw_FatCat

Looks like TxSt purchased (allegedly) the government housing next to Bobcat stadium, and residents will be slowly relocated to a new housing complex as their leases run out. Haven’t been able to find anything confirming the acquisition yet online.

So y’all can include those in the maps for future expansion on parking, indoor facility or new baseball & football offices.
This has been a much needed move for some time

Bobcat1

Also, Kinne is planning on sticking around for a while. Barring a blue blood offering $3M+ per year.

Im thinking he wants to go the Urban Meyer route where he builds a solid program to have on his resume for a major P5 program.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
I should have asked them more questions for specifics. 😅👍🏼

It was a guy who’s grandma lives there and said they were informed of intent to move. Of note, the San Marcos Housing authority doesn’t list them as available to rent on their website.
I hope the rumor is true. I've been saying we need that space for years. There was a thread about it too where I posted a map showing that we could move all sports facilities to that location and create a true sports complex.

However, not sure that it's going to happen. When I spoke with Don last season, he told me it wasn't going to happen. It wasn't even a money issue. There's just so much red tape in acquiring government housing. You can't just buy them out. You have to find an alternative location too. It has to be a certain proximity to the city center, grocery stores, etc.