Do we have some big news coming our way?

Bobcat1

Seen rumors that his grades may have been an issue with getting to a P5 school. Who knows if it's true but even if it is, it's fixable.
It’s more with the 💵💰💵💰/NIL side. Most think after Spring when things shake up, some low tier P5s might come calling.

And to answer other pressing questions, yes. There will be another QB they will look into after the M&G game for depth. Hatter & Jackson seem definitely not ready to be at the #2 spot. We may still lose Hatter after Spring also.

Bobcat1

With his experience and the scheme, he should break Finley’s passing yards record, BG’s single season touchdown mark, and we should be a top 25, 10+ win team provided our defense improves with the new recruits from this class. All things being equal, for my money this was a better signing (on the football field) that DeLaura. I’m happy with this one….not glad. 😎

Mittens

With his experience and the scheme, he should break Finley’s passing yards record, BG’s single season touchdown mark, and we should be a top 25, 10+ win team provided our defense improves with the new recruits from this class. All things being equal, for my money this was a better signing (on the football field) that DeLaura. I’m happy with this one….not glad. 😎

View attachment 6460

Definitely. Not much to be upset about with this signing - tons of experience, has proven himself by playing very well in the Sunbelt, more time on campus with the playbook than Finley had, and a relatively favorable schedule next year.

Lot to look forward to with him under center.

BobcatRaider

JMU fans acting like they think he may not be able to play but won't say why.
I think a waiver is (was?) needed.

2018 RS
2019 RS FR
2020 RS SO - didn’t count, Covid
2021 RS SO
2022 RS JR
2023 RS SR
2024 - waiver?

Transferred to JMU after spending two seasons at Arizona (2021-22) and three seasons at USF (2018-20). Appeared in three games with two starts at Arizona.

I imagine 2022 is the season he’d be getting back: “The final game McCloud played and started for the season was against UCLA where he completed 21 out of 30 passing attempts for 182 yards before suffering an injury thus having him sit out for the rest of the season. On October 8, 2022, McCloud announced that he was 'not on the team anymore.”

Bobcat1

I’m so clueless about how things work these days that I’ve never heard of an eight-week session that starts mid-spring. Are those sessions available for all classes?
Not all, some writing intensive ones would be too taxing on professors to grade & students to keep up (from experience). They tend to be harder and more time consuming.

Bobcat1

That’s odd because at its core, this forum having an NIL is the closest to the pure form NIL is supposed to be. Athletes earning 💰💵💰 for an entity using their NIL for visibility. A lot of P5 NIL ventures don’t even have a product being sponsored, it’s basically a pass through corporation for them (and there’s a reason why those are shady in terms of tax evasion) to give out free 💰💵💰💵.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m so clueless about how things work these days that I’ve never heard of an eight-week session that starts mid-spring. Are those sessions available for all classes?
No, very limited selection. Classes for that term start March 5. If I still had a login, I'd pull up the slate. Alas...

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
You may be right... The one I was referencing was from McCoil and specifically said 2025, but looks like it's gone now.

carmanjello325

Gotta be happy to have KD and DC leading us. This never happens under Larry and Denise.
may not ever get near the academic profile as texas tech from the outside looking in under kd but at least got baseball out of the 2018 cellar and hopefully football can spend another season in a row removed from the cellar

Simbo0722

Great sign, McCloud will let us forget about the JDL/Finley drama. Now lets move on and remember in Kinne we trust. Got to keep the mad Hatter and develop him but we may need to sign some insurance in the Spring portal. but for now, lets get ready for some spring football. Defense will be great again and special teams are the glue that make it all go. Go Cats...