Do we have some big news coming our way?

Bobcat1

T.J. Finley left us to go to Western Kentucky? What could he possibly gain by making that move?
It wasn’t about competing at all. There wouldn’t have been enough NIL for both him and JDL if he had stayed, and he’s got a family & twins to think about. I ain’t mad at him one bit.

Marcato

I've been seeing a lot of annoyed JMU fans on social media talking trash about TXST since the McCloud news came out. Is this just how their fanbase operates or is it only when we take their players (or coaches)?

Brutus

M&G Collective Member
Let’s see…he’s getting $150K (supposedly) and a starting gig at WKU, whereas here he would have been a backup and making $40K tops?

Yes. It was a financial decision, not a scared to compete scenario.
If NIL $$ was the issue, then it was a rational decision to transfer on TJ's part.

Ryan

I get Finley's feeling about deciding to come back thinking you are the guy, the coach believes in you etc. Then we go out and sign someone who is a real legitimate threat to your job. I don't think it was NIL, but I would have rather him worked hard and tried to beat our JDL & not just transfer to somewhere else.

slycat

Finely wanted to start. His goal is to go pro at some level and needs to start to do that. He wasn't going to back up here once JdL committed.

slycat

Also Kinne is always going to look to upgrade. Finley was great last year but had bad games or half of games too and Kinne wanted a guy that is lights out every game. Can't blame him for looking to improve the position. McCloud should be an upgrade as well. Got really lucky with how it all went down.

franslasttwinkie

Think of it as this...we are actually recruiting the caliber of players under center that make others that have started a half dozen SEC games bolt. That at least says we have come a long way since Mizzou FrEddie Printz Jr and MSU Damian Williams.

My guess if JDL never enrolled Finley would still be going to WKU with the onboarding of McCloud.