Do we have some big news coming our way?

TXST04

Gotta be happy to have KD and DC leading us. This never happens under Larry and Denise.
Not seeking to start an argument... I'm just genuiely curious

What exactly DC is doing in all this?
KD and GJ are definitely getting people fired up on the socials.

Evil Bill

Not seeking to start an argument... I'm just curious

KD and GJ are definitely getting people fixed up.
Have met and spoken with DC a few times at tailgates and alumni functions and just that fact is more than I could ever say about LT who never seemed to be very available. He is engaging and at a very base level seems to want to move the athletic department forward and do more instead of just doing the same thing he always did and keep from rocking the boat too hard. Nothing super personal against LT he just seems like he was happy doing what he was doing and not one drop more than that.

I will agree with you tho that its really more the human dynamo that is KD that is powering this transformation in culture and getting people fixed up, but at least DC seems to be on the same page and is actively trying to do the same and not resisting change. I swear there is more than one KD for how many places he seems to be at once...

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Not seeking to start an argument... I'm just genuiely curious

KD and GJ are definitely getting people fired up on the socials.
Can you imagine the support GJK needed to get a kid w/ crap grades into school mid-semester? That's asking your boss to go to his boss and sign off on some dubious ish. Now, I don't think it was a huge fight, because KD is all in - if he was all in on JDL, and my understanding is that he was, then bringing in a guy who needs his hand held to get back on track academically shouldn't be a huge hurdle with him. But there is ZERO chance Larry goes to bat for that transfer, so I'd bet it never even gets to Denise's desk, but if it did, can you imagine The Bun signing off on that? I think not.

TXST04

Back to the McCloud news drop ... love how Frary & Smith allude to the possibility that after adding McCloud, other impact transfers might want to come in and take part next season. Let's hope it starts to rain more playmakers via portal .

Also, thoughts on who we expect to have on the roster as QB1 for EA College Football come the release date; Name, Imagine, Likeness of Finley or McCloud ?
Roster turnover wasn't as fluid back in the day when the last version came out.
So that's a new wrinkle that EA needs to stitch into this years version.

B

Bakertxst04

Back to the McCloud news drop ... love how Frary & Smith allude to the possibility that after adding McCloud, other impact transfers might want to come in and take part next season. Let's hope it starts to rain more playmakers via portal .

Also, thoughts on who we expect to have on the roster as QB1 for EA College Football come the release date; Name, Imagine, Likeness of Finley or McCloud ?
Roster turnover wasn't as fluid back in the day when the last version came out.
So that's a new wrinkle that EA needs to stitch into this years version.

They can do live patches as needed, so I'm *hoping* we get McCloud, but I wouldn't count on it out of the box.

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Im sure they'll have the rosters right, or at least as right as they were 2 weeks before release. Game isnt gonna be out for months

TXST04

Im sure they'll have the rosters right, or at least as right as they were 2 weeks before release. Game isnt gonna be out for months
Secretly hoping the rosters are up-to-date and therefore the roadbirds end up with Marburger and McCown - i.e. not F Harris. :LOL:

txst2399

Looks like those who are no longer on an NCAA roster may not be in the game (per Washingtons recent WR who is going to the NFL)

Bobcat AirRaid

He feared some competition. If you can't compete in good faith, move your ass to WKU or bum fvcked U. We want competitors here. Go hard or go elsewhere.
TJ knew he was being replaced here, just like he knew he was replacing the QBs who were here at the end of last spring when he committed to TXST.

TJ was promised the job, so he knew what Kinne was doing when GJ recruited JdL. Just like the Highlander, McCloud, knows he’s the guy now.

Most coaches play the portal game like that, meaning there are few ‘real’ competitions in spring/fall. Coach’s promise is underwritten by allocating the majority of NIL for that position.

Saban/Bama was the exception that probed that new rule.

Simbo0722

Have met and spoken with DC a few times at tailgates and alumni functions and just that fact is more than I could ever say about LT who never seemed to be very available. He is engaging and at a very base level seems to want to move the athletic department forward and do more instead of just doing the same thing he always did and keep from rocking the boat too hard. Nothing super personal against LT he just seems like he was happy doing what he was doing and not one drop more than that.

I will agree with you tho that its really more the human dynamo that is KD that is powering this transformation in culture and getting people fixed up, but at least DC seems to be on the same page and is actively trying to do the same and not resisting change. I swear there is more than one KD for how many places he seems to be at once...
Don't overlook the obvious, K.D. and D.C. are the driving forces giving G.J. the reins to recruit and bring in players and coaches to overhaul and upgrade the football program. This trickles down to all sports and in the near future TXST will be on the national radar. Just got to keep the trio around for a while. Go Cats..

Professorbum

Don't overlook the obvious, K.D. and D.C. are the driving forces giving G.J. the reins to recruit and bring in players and coaches to overhaul and upgrade the football program. This trickles down to all sports and in the near future TXST will be on the national radar. Just got to keep the trio around for a while. Go Cats..
Basketball needs more than a trickle. I'm hoping for firehose treatment. I'd like to be excited about basketball next season.