Future Schedules

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
None of those do anything for me. Would much rather play a G5 than an FCS and KState is in the middle of nowhere.

franslasttwinkie

2029- no P5 or FCS scheduled yet
2030- no P5 scheduled
2031- no P5 or FCS scheduled yet

If we could benefit from scheduling 4 G5s instead of a P5/FCS in the same season combo I'd be all for it if we were able to get 3 home games out of it. Also fine with 3 G5s and an Oklahoma St type P5 scheduling model.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Manhattan KS is the most college of college towns I have ever been to.
That holds zero appeal to me. I have no desire to fly into a flyover state with mediocre bbq as their only calling card so I can rent a car to drive 2 hours to the most college town ever.

Detour: For those of you who didn't want to acknowledge that out of state schools are syphoning off TX HS grads, KSU has been doing it a lot longer than most - specifically out of the DFW area. Currently 400 Texans attending. 3.9 GPA = KS tuition, 3.25 GPA = 50% off non-resident

Jecbobcat

That holds zero appeal to me. I have no desire to fly into a flyover state with mediocre bbq as their only calling card so I can rent a car to drive 2 hours to the most college town ever.

Detour: For those of you who didn't want to acknowledge that out of state schools are syphoning off TX HS grads, KSU has been doing it a lot longer than most - specifically out of the DFW area. Currently 400 Texans attending. 3.9 GPA = KS tuition, 3.25 GPA = 50% off non-resident
Thought the same thing until I went there. Town is surprisingly pretty nice and easy to get to from Kansas city. Flights were actually pretty cheap directly into town too.
Campus was well kept up, of course there was a foot of snow on the ground so it looked pretty cool.
Stadium is interesting. They don't sell beer in the stands but they have beer gardens along the outside of the stadium, but the stadium is really nice considering it's age

Simbo0722

Does not matter who we schedule if we do not keep growing the program. Got to keep coaching staff together or at least replace the coaches that leave San Marcos with high character and quality coaches like we have been doing the last two years. Kinne is the key, he is a great coach that recruits very good coaches as well as excellent players. Once he establishes the program as a destination for high 3 star and 4 star athletes, we will be a solid program year in and year out. I cannot wait for the years to come when we get in the arena with the SEC and Big 12. Then all we have to do is take care of business with the other non-conference games and the SBC games.
GO CATS..

TXST04

Makes tailgating more difficult, coupled with competing against the Thursday Night NFL game.

Blame is being placed on the Debate for the move. Since proved to be wrong by KD.

Last edited:

franslasttwinkie

Of the Power 5 games...we played TAMU on Thursday night on the road headed into Labor Day weekend and we seemed to have had a decent crowd there for a G5. I'm sure we'll still have a bigger crowd hosting ASU on a weekday than we would typically have hosting the likes of ULM/stAte/GSU, etc on the weekend. The only issue with that is ASU is not exactly a huge name P5.